Used 2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews - 91 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Love my Sentra!
By Keith

2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this care new with the upgraded Synergy Package and used it for service, I have had it 4 years and have 150k plus miles on it. I have no no problems with it, but the transmission does chirp from second to third gear shifts up and down both, but it hasn't affected the performance of it. I run it hard and its been a wonderful car, I haven't even changed the plugs in it yet. It eats front brakes up about every 35k but I want to keep it and put 400k on it!

Performance, style, economy

better left leg, legroom for driver, maybe meatier seats for us that drive a lot

Just on the way home
By Hayjaymom

2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought this car and the drive home was amazing. I am so excited about taking this baby for more rides. I'm so glad I bought it!

Corners like its tight to the ground, picks up the pace quite swiftly, gas milage is better than my isuzu, It's new.

Light up the automatic shifting area so you can see what gear your in when it is dark.

Sound, fun car for the price!
By Balaji

2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car used with low miles almost 2 years ago. It's been reliable and fun to drive. Good pickup for a 4 cylinder! But fuel mileage is poor for a compact. I get between 25-30mpg at best. The build quality and comfort could do with a little improvement. Overall, I'm very satisfied with it.

Acceleration, fold down rear seats.

Build quality of interior, better suspension, gas mileage.

I love my car!
By Kim

2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This has been an incredibly reliable car for me. I've used the heck out of it, skipped oil changes, bounced over some roads I shouldn't have, and driven the poor thing at over 120 mph on back roads in Colorado. It's been on two cross-country trips. It will be four years in December that I've owned it, and it's been fantastic. The only problems I've ever had with it were caused by other drivers! It has good pickup for a 4-cylinder and handles beautifully. It also has a great, small turning radius, which makes it very maneuverable when necessary.

Automatics should never stall
By Shelby

2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My parents got me this care when i learned how to drive, it was a rentl before and had 30,000 miles on it. Within 6 months the car started to die on me when i would be sitting at a light. I have taken it to the dealership more than 6 times in the past 6 months and they never seem to fix it. The car will be ok for a while and then start stalling again and its an automatic! Its a total Lemon and i absolutly hate it!

Nothing

Make the car more reliable and the staff that are at Nissan more educated on how to fix their own cars!