2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Great Car
By Elton John on 09/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan XE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Same quality as a Corolla or Honda Civic, but less expensive. I've owned my car for 20 mths and I've driven it 21000 miles and I haven't had one problem with it. It has many great features such as compact disc, auto, air it has enough zip to get you where you need to go safely and comfortably. The best thing about the car is it's affordability. I paid $12,300.00 total out the door for my brand new Sentra. I can't say enough good things about the car!

Awsome Car
By redbandit on 09/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

What a great Ride. Very confort And great relaiablity. And for the price. Awsome

Good, little car
By MichaelK on 08/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is the fourth Nissan I've owned ('83 Datsun 310gx, '95 Quest, '95 Sentra, '02 Sentra) and I am very pleased with this car. I'm a shorter person and the car fits me like a glove. My friends who are taller (6' and up) are quite amazed that they fit so well in the front seat. As for the back seat -- well, that is another story. But after test driving the Mazda Protege 5 and others, the price and quality were unbeatable. Get the Synergy package -- it's well worth it!

I love my Nissan!
By lovemysentra on 08/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Nissan for over a year. I *LOVE* it. I have a GXE with the Synergy Package and rear spoiler. I put on about 16,000 miles this last year. It's a spunky car... so much fun to drive. It's great on long-distance drives. The customer service at the dealerships are wonderful.

Nice Car
By mdsentra on 07/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove the Sentra, Corolla, Protege, and Civic. All were good cars. I got a really good deal on the Sentra and that's why I chose it. Now after 15,000 miles I've had no problems.

The smart choice!
By Niamhx on 06/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car new 9/02, ripped 25k out of it as of 6/03 and it's as good as new. Mechanically very sound little car, classy interior that blows Civic and Saturn away. Can't beat the price either and at 38mpg highway, it's environmentally sound as well. Drove it from Charlotte NC to Washington DC during Presidents' Day Storm and the traction is GREAT, I passed spun-out SUVs left and right. Worth your money.

This stinks!!!
By CO on 04/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I don't know what's going on w/ Nissan, usually their car is reliable but my car has been a problem car since I bought it brand new. First, its hose was loose when I got it from the dealer. The radiator fluid leaked. Then recently, the bumper paint started to chip out. And finally, this really blew my mind, the car would not start!!! I don't think it's the battery because the lights can be turned on. Now it's going to end up this car being towed to the dealer for service, this is crap because I need a car everyday, I thought Nissans are reliable, guess not...This stinks!!!

This car is terrible....
By SUZQ on 02/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in 5/02 and the second day I had it the flashers started blinking very fast. Brought to the dealer the next day they told me there was nothing wrong. Happened again and brought it back the next day. Took them until 10/02 to repair it. THen in 11/02 the heater stopped working and they did not repair that until 1/02. Then on 2/02 the car died in a parking lot and the dealer said the radio was draining the battery and replaced it. The car has been at the dealership more then 60 days of the time I have had it and only has 7000 miles. I have never had it in my possession when it was in working order without awaiting a part.

2002 GXE w/Synergy Package = Fun
By 2young2retire on 11/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Super fun to drive. Excellent gas milage, no rattles or squeeks and nice to look at. Almost no road noise even up to 80 mph. The only problem I have had is the sticking map lights but it is a common problem with the car and it was fixed immediately. Excellent service from the dealer. At $13,000 it is a real bargin.

Great, fun, and cheap
By bscully on 11/12/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

After my Ford Ranger died, I wanted something that got more than 20 mpg and had cruise and air. The Sentra has this and more. Lots of fun to drive, GXE has lots of extras, and did I mention lots of fun to drive.