2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V - Consumer Reviews

SE-R Spec V 2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (93 reviews )
moded v
By propane on 12/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

i hade my v for 3 weeks now i went all out with the fanatic pkg & moon roof for $20k flat the 175 horspower motor feels vary strong and i love the rush when my blood race's when i skrach 1 2 and 3rd gear {TIP WANT TO CHERP 4TH GEAR.. RED LINE 3RD WITH YOUR RIGHT FOOT ALL THE WAY ON THE ACCELERATER THEN ENGAGE THE CLUTCH WITHOUT LETINGOUT THE ACCELERATER MOVE TO FORTH THEN LET THE CLUTCH OUT AS FAST AS YOU CAN YOU WILL CHERP FORTH I DID}I MODID MY V WITH HI FLOW MUFFLERS COLD AIR INTAKE HOT SHOT HEADERS WITH THES EASY EXTRA'S I MAD 198.7 HORESPOWER ON THE DYNO AT THE CRANK SHAFT FOR $650 THE ALREADY FAST V IS FASTER AND WITH MORE DEADLY WHEEL SPINING POWER

Nissan Spec V - Bad Manual Tranny
By nissanfan1639 on 12/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I like the looks and engine has decent pep. The manual transmission leave a lot to be desired. Had nothing but problems with the manual tranny. The gear ratios don't seem right and shifting gears is problematic, hard to do and often caused grinding. I've driven stick for 20 years and never had this before. The Audio system is overrated, for the price. The dealer turned into a #@$ after the sale, when I complained about the transmission.

Nissan=poor build quality
By slappy on 12/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Terrible paint Car is constantly going to dealer for"adjustments" and to fix defects and problems caused from poor quality controll

Bang for the Buck
By Daniel/Sarah Miller on 11/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I love this car. 2.4 liter engine 175hp, Sport tunes suspension, six speed manual transmission, sport seats, and everything you could ever want in a car for under $20,000. What could be better.

Just Makes Sense...
By bgriffey on 11/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This car just makes sense in almost every way. It offers practicallity along with styling and performance. Where else can you get all that for under 20K! My last 96SER has 120K miles and is still going strong. I hope this new one came from the same mold...

what happened to the tail lights?
By J G S on 08/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

this car is fun to drive and has more than enough power for a mid size sedan! There's only two things i can say about the spec v that i don't like. One is the second power source next to the emergency brake can't be used at the same time as the other one or your turn signals and hazard lights will blink extremely fast. Nissan still hasn't come up with a solution. The second thing is I feel they gave up on designing new tail lights for the spec v. The new maximas and altimas have them why can't we. It seems that all models of the 2002 sentra have the same tail lights.

Spec V
By wmarauder on 08/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

The Nissan SE-R Spec V is not only fuel efficient, and comfortable, but also a pleasure to drive. I would recommend this highly reliable car to anyone.

What a Ride!
By beefsteak on 08/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This car is FUN! I have only had the car for a couple of days and am still breaking it in, but it is fast without even trying. I can wait until I get it broken-in and really see what it can do.

Impressive car...a must buy!
By nighguy on 08/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car looking for a sporty, fun car that I could still drive my friends around in when we go out. The four doors are great, but the engine is unbelievable. The key with this car is the torque available to you. The powerband is huge, and the car goes when you want it to. Turning is no problem with the added struts, and launch times are low. My best on my second ever 1/8 mile run is a 10.28. Basically, this was a well designed car with great modification potential. But if that's not your bag, no mods are needed...it's a stock rocket!

When I can drive it, it's great
By SentraDriver on 07/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Bought my Nissan Sentra Spec-V on July 16, 2002. It has been a pleasure to drive … ample power, handles great, stylish, fun to drive. Love the six speed stick, the interior is very cool and it is the best car in its class for the money. However, it only has 318 miles on it and it has been to the service department 2 times already! Currently it is in the shop to repair the clutch noise and because the engine is knocking. Sounds like a diesel truck when I start and turn off the car. Other complaints – gear shift takes some getting used to (a little stiff and plasticy) and the rear end styling could use a touch up to match the ultra- hip front.