Used 2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Miss my Sentra =(
By Renee

2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this Sentra, my first car, certified-used at a dealer. Aside from the fact that I paid way too much for it because of the financing, this is a solid car! Don't let anyone tell you it's bottom of the line! Not a whole ton of horsepower but it gets it done. Gave me no problems until just before 100K, then a couple little things popped up. (Spark plugs, fuel flush, nothing you can't do yourself) I drove this car everywhere. Florida and Canada were no problem! Kept up with oil changes and changed the brakes once. She never failed me. Got totaled just before Halloween, she might be the best car I'll ever have!

Everything.

Make it a little less bland-looking.

All around good car!
By Nicole1129

2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my sentra with 22,000 miles on it when it was two years old.It was just in an accident and she was totaled (and I walked away unscathed) but I miss having it, I should buy another one! This is an extremely reliable car, and would suggest it to anyone!

The body style is cute and the size of the car makes it easy to whip around in.

I found that it didn't do to well in the snow.

1st nissian
By mickey0104

2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

never had one prob with car in 5 years just change the oil every 3-6 months. well had one issue but it was with windows electric

great on gas

better body, bumpers are plastic get dinged really easy

Piece of Junk
By aellis7

2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Sentra from a man on Craigslist. He had all the paperwork to prove he had taken care of the car. The paint on the hood and roof was fading already, which is on 99% of all the 2002 Sentras. In the last year the computer has gone out, the AC has gone out and the gas mileage and power has gone down to almost nothing. Stay Away from these cars, I have only had bad things happen. Everyone I know that has ever owned a 2002 Nissan Sentra has had pure hell.

I like the outside of it, if the paint wasn't all gone!

Give people a new paint job, it's obviously a manufactures screw up. The back seat? What back seat? My son is 2 and his legs are squished even when we are practically sitting on the dash.

Good Car
By KRomine

2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car when I was in college because it was fairly inexpensive, and I thought it would be reliable. The car now has nearly 120,000 miles on it and still performs well. The gas mileage is goood, not great - I average around 30-33 depending on the season. The car has had very little maintenance problems. Early on, it had to be in the shop a few times for recalls, but other than replacing brake pads and tires, it has been really cheap to maintain. Performance is what one would expect from a small 4-Cyl. - it does just enough to not get run over by bigger cars. It does suffer from windy days, and it could be bigger, but really, it is a pretty good car.

Very reliable, decent gas mileage

Larger engine (2.0 in newer models), a bit more weight so it does not get thrown around by the wind, larger wheels - mine only has 14" wheels. It does not have cruise control - make it standard on trims above the base level!