2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews 3

2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
This is a great car
By Woorham on 04/16/07 22:05 PM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan XE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this sentra XE for saving money. It does not have keyless entry, power windows, but has CD and AC. Runs well, has 5 passenger seat, great fuel economy, so I guess this is perfect for some money saver? Wow!

Nothing flashy, but great reliable ride
By Jason on 03/13/07 12:29 PM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought back in 09/02 and the only issue I've come across is the parking brake light won't go out (happened around 50k mi) - Other than that it's been extremely reliable. It was -30 degrees here in MN not to long ago for about a week and it started fine every morning like a champ. Ride is smooth.

Okay car--I just expected better
By BecGood on 01/23/07 10:32 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Like other reviewers, I passed up a civic for this car. I thought it would be a good choice. I'm not pleased with the gas mileage (22 mpg in the city, and 30 mpg on the highway). My heat also works only on the highest setting so I'm either really cold or really hot. I've also noticed that this car handles really poorly in the wind--I was blown into oncoming traffic once!! And who can forget the paint job--the top coat is peeling in several locations.

Love my Sentra!
By Keith on 12/26/06 18:36 PM (PST)

2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this care new with the upgraded Synergy Package and used it for service, I have had it 4 years and have 150k plus miles on it. I have no no problems with it, but the transmission does chirp from second to third gear shifts up and down both, but it hasn't affected the performance of it. I run it hard and its been a wonderful car, I haven't even changed the plugs in it yet. It eats front brakes up about every 35k but I want to keep it and put 400k on it!

Just on the way home
By Hayjaymom on 08/28/06 00:22 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought this car and the drive home was amazing. I am so excited about taking this baby for more rides. I'm so glad I bought it!

Sound, fun car for the price!
By Balaji on 04/21/06 15:22 PM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car used with low miles almost 2 years ago. It's been reliable and fun to drive. Good pickup for a 4 cylinder! But fuel mileage is poor for a compact. I get between 25-30mpg at best. The build quality and comfort could do with a little improvement. Overall, I'm very satisfied with it.

I love my car!
By Kim on 11/04/05 15:05 PM (PST)

2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This has been an incredibly reliable car for me. I've used the heck out of it, skipped oil changes, bounced over some roads I shouldn't have, and driven the poor thing at over 120 mph on back roads in Colorado. It's been on two cross-country trips. It will be four years in December that I've owned it, and it's been fantastic. The only problems I've ever had with it were caused by other drivers! It has good pickup for a 4-cylinder and handles beautifully. It also has a great, small turning radius, which makes it very maneuverable when necessary.

Automatics should never stall
By Shelby on 10/28/05 18:48 PM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My parents got me this care when i learned how to drive, it was a rentl before and had 30,000 miles on it. Within 6 months the car started to die on me when i would be sitting at a light. I have taken it to the dealership more than 6 times in the past 6 months and they never seem to fix it. The car will be ok for a while and then start stalling again and its an automatic! Its a total Lemon and i absolutly hate it!

Great car
By rdeneen on 09/07/05 15:59 PM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've put 18000 miles per year on my 2002 and have had NO problems. Replaced the breaks and put new tires on it...that's it besides oil changes. Great, reliable vehicle with plenty of zip.

Love my '02 Sentra
By Paul on 06/16/05 18:05 PM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! We've had this car for a year and a half and have put 35,000 miles on it and we couldn't be happier. It runs like a top, it is a charm to drive. It is my third Nissan, and I won't be shopping anywhere else from now on!