2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
More Smash for your Cash!
By holeshot on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first six speed, it took a minute to get used to it...but now i don't ever want to go back to a five speed..i love banging all those gears! My first test drive of this vehicle convinced me to buy one...I raced a 2000 civic Si on the freeway and blew it's doors off!

Great Concept, Poor Execution
By SE-R Owner on 12/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

The 165 bhp 2.5 litre motor is a great concept. The Automatic Transmission has much to be desired. The Seats could use a little color and the A/C Center could use a lot more attention to detail.

Econosport = Cheap fun
By intimidator on 11/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

A great car for the price - you'll swear the engine's not a 4 banger. I'm 6'1", and the head room and leg room in the front are plenty roomy. This car loves mountain roads - the tires are nice, until you wear them out from spinning them on fast starts... The front end Skyline look is awesome, but the rear needs work, even with the decent spoiler. Tends to burn oil quickly...

good little car
By orcinus49 on 11/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Overall the 2002 se-r is a good car with room for tweaks of improvement. It is an improvement over the 99 limited edition sentra gxe I traded in for this one.

Mini-muscle car
By SER165 on 10/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Fantastic deal for the price. 2.5 liter Altima engine in a car this size/weight makes it feel like a mini-muscle car; can burn rubber from a dead stop, acceleration from a stop is awesome and power going uphill and passing from speeds from 55-75 m.p.h. is amazing. Handling is excellent with sport-tuned McPherson struts and strut tower brace up front, improved torsional rigidity of the body due to 3rd member, large anti-sway bars front and rear and multi- link beam suspension in rear.

Smooth Ride
By acm147 on 10/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I drove cross country in my Sentra this summer. 1700 miles in two days, and every mile was a delight. The sound system and 6 disc changer also made traveling more enjoyable.

Best of the Inexpensive Small Cars
By Randy King on 09/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove the top of the line Honda Civic, the 2003 Corrolla S, and the Ford Focus and this car hands down blew the competition away! It is very fast, and a total blast to drive. The sun roof is quieter than most at 70 mph. If you like acceleration, you will like this car. I presently have 7,900 miles on it and only one factory defect upon delivery. (The auto trunk release did not work). Nissan needs to advertise this model more. If they did, I believe they could corner the small car market. I never would have considered a Nissan for this size car if it wasn't for a friend of mine that advised me to check them out.

My Pocket-Rocket
By Nino2138 on 08/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car is phenomenal. The ride is really tight but better that way than bouncing around all over the road at 100+ miles per hour. Today I reached my highest speed ever as a driver, 107 miles per hour. I only was maybe 1/3 of the way down on the throttle! Makes me wonder what this car can really do... I chose the color Vibrant Blue...the car really stands out in this color..(Believe me....I've never had so much attention from the ladies before) I currently have 550 miles on it.....

Wish I had a Spec V
By Maikou on 08/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is a very fun car to drive even though transmission went out about 2 weeks later (driving it normally). Good thing I had factory warranty.

Yummie + more....
By FriarTuck on 07/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Nice power machine for a price. Recommended to any one whos looking for fun drive for under 20K. Needs restyling of the rear lights. A bit ugly. Overall very fun car to drive. Needs bigger gas tank thou.