Used 2002 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

The Best none-turbo car with power
By KrazyELR

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This is the best 4 banger car ever made and there's no turbo. WOW!! The SPEC-V suspenion is great! Turns like a dream. Love this car.

Favorite Features

Quick 6 speed tranny, front bumper, sunroof, SPEC-V suspenion, and the front seats are great.

Suggested Improvements

Wish they made other color interiors like black and blue.

The best performance for 18k brand new
By jeffreyd53

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have a 03 spec v and its a great little car for the money. You can't get all the features and all the performance from any other import for even 4 grand more. And honda doesn't even know what torque is.

Favorite Features

175 hp 2.5 4 cylinder 17" wheels sunroof, decent stereo, power everything, and all for $18,500 !!!!!!

Suggested Improvements

A little more hip room, do something with the cheap rubbery 6 speed shifter please!!!!

Good, little car
By MichaelK

2002 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is the fourth Nissan I've owned ('83 Datsun 310gx, '95 Quest, '95 Sentra, '02 Sentra) and I am very pleased with this car. I'm a shorter person and the car fits me like a glove. My friends who are taller (6' and up) are quite amazed that they fit so well in the front seat. As for the back seat -- well, that is another story. But after test driving the Mazda Protege 5 and others, the price and quality were unbeatable. Get the Synergy package -- it's well worth it!

Favorite Features

Price was great ($12,700), speakers are very nice and the car rides very well on long trips.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the map lights and try to filter the AM portion of the radio a bit better. Much crackle with distant signals.

Love the Nissan Spec V
By Tattude

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have over 30,000 miles on the car and it's only a little over a year old. I love to drive this car. I've done every engine mod including taking out the balance shafts and grounding the knock sensor and I've NEVER had to take it into the shop/dealership. I still have a smile on my face everytime I get in this car. Great gas mileage and REALLY fun to drive. I highly recommend this car to everyone young and old. LJ

Favorite Features

Interior... Body of the 02-03 model years And the torque engine.

Suggested Improvements

For an upgraded model I would recommend a turbo from the factory. Nissan needs a turbo specv to compete with the other now.

I love my Nissan!
By lovemysentra

2002 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Nissan for over a year. I *LOVE* it. I have a GXE with the Synergy Package and rear spoiler. I put on about 16,000 miles this last year. It's a spunky car... so much fun to drive. It's great on long-distance drives. The customer service at the dealerships are wonderful.

Favorite Features

Sound system is great. I love all the compartments in the car and how the backseats fold down for storage. Gas mileage is great.

Suggested Improvements

The AC could be more powerful on the Driver's side. I wish the trunk was a little bigger.