2002 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
good car for your buck
By landon1219 on 03/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I am an old SER fan! I bought an SER in 94 and then again in 2002! This time I went with the Spev V, cause the 6 speed and the wheels! I think that it is a good car for the buck! I can only hope that this is as good a car as the SER that I bought in 94! Which I still have and drive everyday, almost!

Not TOO Shabby
By Roxy on 03/16/02 02:47 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I thought this car was fun to drive. Great for what you put your $ into. Not as powerful as a V-6 but peppy enough. What can you expect for under $20,000..? This car drives very smoothly. I used to drive a 6 cylinder, so changing over is quite a difference. Backing out is in full view. I havent found a blind spot yet. Want to look for accessories though.. If anyone knows where to find them...??

My Review:Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V
By Lonestar on 03/16/02 00:22 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have had my SE-R Spec V since mid January, and have loved it the entire time. You know you like a car, when walking away towards a long day of work, you look back 3 or 4 times before heading into the building. Sharp acceleration speed, even when already up to 80 mph+. Great road feel. A very nice stereo (Audio Fanatic Package) right out of the stock model. Me's love the car. PS: Its relatively cheap, for the way the car feels.

Dont buy from NORTHSIDE NISSAN SC
By Jason R on 03/15/02 21:00 PM (PST)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I got the Spec-v Its an awesome car. I got the fully loaded one. Side Air bags sun-roof everything. The car is the fastest car Ive own yet. I would recommend it to everyone.

Great...Great Car
By raider4life on 03/14/02 22:04 PM (PST)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car is so much fun to drive. I decided on the SE-R, not the Spec V. I don't think it was worth the money, plus the dealership were much more willing to come down on the price of the SE-R then the Spec V. The seats are great. I love the confidence i get when i speed into a turn. My butt stays planted to the seat, and i don't slide around! I previously drove a Pontiac Grand Prix GTP. So the acceleration was stunning to me, but the amount of fun it was to run through the gears was quite fun. I love all the standard features you get with this car, to go along with the great power and handling.

So Far So GOOD
By Brom on 03/13/02 11:43 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I got my Spec V a little to soon so I had the pay the MSRP. Overall I like the way this car drives, the shifter is very nice once you get a hang of it. very fun to drive. the rims are nice but they chip very easly since they are painted rims. For the price and performance you have to give up some thing and I guess nissan was willing to give up workmanship. the paint job is not to good and most of the sentras are not painted under the doors.

Questionable Quality....MORE Performance
By fcn90803 on 03/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Automatic, ABS & Side Airbags. Problems after 2 wks: rear fold-down seat locks missing; windows sticking; CD player skipped from day 1; map lights sticking. All minor but makes you wonder how well car has been designed/assembled. Took 3 days in a rental car and 2 trips to get all resolved; windows still stick. Tranny shifts out of 1st too early, can downshift roughly and slowly out of o/d and gets lost when you're on and off the gas. The plastic by the ignition and on door panels is scratched after 4000 miles. SE-R does handle great, gets decent gas mileage (22) and looks good but my ’91 Stanza with 138 hp and automatic would run circles around it. Disappointing. Shoulda looked at VW more.

general perspective
By ramsin on 03/11/02 05:41 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

i am still breaking this vehicle in, i beleive its style and comfort is a plus, the performance level is great and its handling surpasses other cars i have driven! i give nissan two thumbs up. only flaw i dont like is ABS isnt a standard, its an option and the transmission has problems shifting smoothly into third gear, it has a grind feel, but not a grind noise. otherwise the car is a perfect contender! lots of torqueeeeeeeeee!!!!

Highly Recommend this Car!!
By spiffie19 on 03/10/02 18:22 PM (PST)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car is simply outstanding when compared with other cars in the economy sedan category! The SE-R comes with many great standard features in addition to its horsepower, and looks appealing. The car offers plenty of zoom plus the benefits of a 4-cylinder--great gas mileage! (I average 27mpg with combined highway/city driving) The car drives wonderfully-nice combination of smooth steering and that "road feel".

A pocket rocket with practicality too.
By mackattack on 03/09/02 22:58 PM (PST)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

If you only care about getting from point A to B, get a Cavalier. If you enjoy the drive, get a Spec V. Precise steering & great seats let you carve corners w/ confidence. Power is always available. The Jetta 1.8T has a nice interior & great engine, but had a lot of body roll. The Impreza 2.5RS has good handling, but the engine didn't impress, even w/ similar HP. While nice, they don't to have the Spec V's combination of sportiness & refinement (& cost a few $K+).