Used 2002 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Love this thing!
By mattwoods

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This car is absolutely amazing! I love the six speed tranny, it's not sloppy feeling and it has a nice positive feel. This thing handles like it's on rails! This is the most fun front-wheel drive car i've ever driven. Kills civics and integras without a problem because it actually has what Nissan likes to call TORQUE. Great job Nissan!

Front styling is awesome, reminescent of Skyline R34, 6 speed, handling, sound system

I'm gonna have to agree with everyone on the fact that the rear end is ugly. The rest of the styling is awesome, but the tail is just...yuck...the 04 model Spec V is ugly, the spec V was supposed to be different but for 04 all models of Sentra look the same except for wheels.

Great Car
By Elton John

2002 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Same quality as a Corolla or Honda Civic, but less expensive. I've owned my car for 20 mths and I've driven it 21000 miles and I haven't had one problem with it. It has many great features such as compact disc, auto, air it has enough zip to get you where you need to go safely and comfortably. The best thing about the car is it's affordability. I paid $12,300.00 total out the door for my brand new Sentra. I can't say enough good things about the car!

Durability, quality, reliability, fuel efficient

More color choices in the interior of the car. The gray is a bit boring

Awsome Car
By redbandit

2002 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

What a great Ride. Very confort And great relaiablity. And for the price. Awsome

has it all cruse and room and confort

none

The Power Of Spec
By bluspec

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This is a car for a true enthusiast. There is now other way to get close to the world's greatest hot rod, the Skyline GT-R V Spec, for under $18,000 used. If you just want value for the money, stick to the 2.0 GXE or SE-R, but for that extra adrenalin rush on the road and at an import car show go for the bigger engine, nicer wheels, rockford fosgate in-dash with an 8" boom generator in the trunk which is part of the "audio fanatic" package. The car does 120mph as easily as 50mph thanks to a great stock body kit. This will be a classic that everyone will want once the Civic craze dies out in the near future.

Front air dam, McPherson suspension, racing seats, aggressive road stance.

Must reconsider the 2004 body change to save the great name! Next year's model is a stock Sentra with a big engine, awful wheels, and terrbile front.

Mini Muscle
By sethy

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car is just flat out fun, and with many practical qualities such as 4 doors, great head/leg room it really is a great bargain. I have had the car for 12,000 miles now, and I have taken advantage of many of the aftermarket parts available. The list includes intake, header, exhaust, air/fuel computer, Tein SS suspension, and now Nismo front and rear sway bars. I believe the money I saved on initial purchase has allowed me to buy aftermarket goodies that have put the car in another class in power & handling. One note: I wish I had bought the Spec-V only for the Limited Slip Differential.

Engine torque makes the car seem more like a V6, and with many after-market parts available, the fun level can reach even higher.

First thing that hits you is the fairly poor gas mileage that I guess comes with this pretty big 2.4 4cyl, but my biggest concern is with the thin paint which seems to be the "norm" with many new cars these days.