2002 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
2002 Spec-v
By Red_Spec-v on 05/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

The new spec-v The only extremely bad point which makes me wish i didn`t buy the car My car has now 4965 miles on it and i and many other owners have numerouse paint chips on the front of our cars and even the roof nissan refuses to repaint the hood blaming the consumer for it`s poor paint quality , my car in peticular has bad paint a very well resoected autobody shop has tried to get a consistent reading on paint thickness and can find none so if you don`t mind your cars front,sides,roof having no paint \, however with the poor paint the car will have no resale value in my oppinion don`t buy the car i`m planning on selling mine

best sedan value under 20k
By Paul T. on 05/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

i got my ser for $17,200. considering what you get for the money: alloy wheels, spoiler, fog lights, sunroof, and sport suspension, this model is a bargain! fun to drive! the automatic has enough pickup, thanks to the wonderful 2.5 liter engine. the four wheel disc brakes stop you on a dime. interior layout is convenient with stereo controls up nice and high on the dash. nice side bolsters on the seats to keep you snug on those hard turns. i love this car!

Good value for money
By alik on 05/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

After 9 months and 20,000 miles it has had no mechanical problems. I drive long distances all the time and the Sentra proved to be reliable and comfortable. For $14,500 drive out price, it's a great value.

Best value car!
By hanhan on 05/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My sentra has about 24000 miles on it since last June. It is really fun to drive. I like the interior of Sentra better than any other compact cars. No problem at all so far and I just feel it could run forever trouble-free! I commute about 110 mile a day now and very comfortable with this car. Gas mileage is about 33 to 34 on highway with auto. This car really has the best overall value than any other comparable cars and its TCO (Total Cost to Own) is alos the lowest 5 years from now. If I had one more chance to choose, I would still pick Sental. 100% recommend!!!

Se-r Generation
By Shahin on 05/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Wow! A real nice set of wheels to own certainly much better than some of the other competetors (to my opinnion).

Love My Sentra
By happyman1 on 05/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Overall this car is wonderfull. Its very reliable and it gets tremendous gas mileage even in town. It rides great and has minimal road noise. And of course its a lot sportier than the corolla or the civic

Perfect Sport 4-door sedan
By Prospect on 04/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Since I brought it I had nothing 2 complain bout' it's fast 4-door sedan, When do see a car that doesn't really needs to hook up with 17in. rims 7 speakers and subwoofer momo sport like seats and fancy shifter and red lightin', great on gas. If U R considerin' 2 buy a sprot sedan u should think that it would beat tha prices of, Mazda,Honda,Volkswagen. Plus to note that it's in the family or step family of the Nissan Skyline with it's SE-R SPEC V engine.

Great Car
By C2GA on 04/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra CA 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Great car that has many good qualities.

I GOT MY SPEC V FULLY LOADED for $18,600
By RICKY TAN on 04/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

All I have to say is that for 2002, there is certainly not a better car for the money. I am getting 0-60 times of 7 flat and 1/4 mile times of 15.3-5 depending on the day. If someone can please show me a better car that came fully loaded with a cd player, 6 disk changer, 9 speaker system, subwoofer, sunroof, front and side airbags, ABS, spoiler, helical limited slip differential, and 17 in flossin Enkei rims, I would really like to see. There is no doubt in my mind that this car kicks ***. I am a junky for the turn, and if you like to take turns at high speeds, then this is the car for you.

More power is great!
By maui on 04/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

In comparison to the 01 SE 2.0, the new SE-R 2.5L is leaps and bounds better. Dead starts will decrease by at least a second. No longer does the cruise hunt between 3 and 4 on the highway. AT shifts are smoother, 40 more ft/lbs means less shifts for tranny. Lower profile tires mean a little firmer, sportier ride. On the downside, gas mileage seems to lack so far, upgrade 170 watt stereo is still average, bad Pontiac red instrument pod, "Gotta get used to me" front end.