2002 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Owning my Nissan Sentra Se R
By loraine boney on 08/28/10 16:48 PM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my car brand new in 2002. Oil changes were done every 5,000 miles. I did have some trouble with the way the alternator was wired, and also trouble with a sensor. The car would not move when stepping on the gas, even while driving. The emission control needed replaced, but was just under an 8 yr. warranty. I drove the car until 2010 and my daughter drives it now.

Import reliability ?
By Tayrob on 07/05/10 21:05 PM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my car off of the first owner (personal friend) who meticulously maintained it for the first 41k, it was a peach, after that it all went down hill, the cel is pretty much always on for one reason or another (it eats 02 sensors), fuel economy is terrible, the best I have managed is about 29 mpg hwy and that's shifting at 2k, the trans mission grinds 3rd gear, and the paint has started to Peel at 65k, Peel! And my car has always been garaged! Still, it does have some perks, great handling and torque and great in snow but not much else, this will be my last Nissan

Hate to See It Go
By mleinnyc on 07/01/10 13:43 PM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

We are so sad to part with our Sentra. (We have to get a bigger car for kids and can't afford to insure two.) I bought it with 30K miles as a salvage and now have 100K on it. The only issue I ever had w/ the engine was fixed for free as a recall. I've replaced a few belts and the brake pads. This car has been 100% reliable. We've driven it, literally, across the country. I'm not into flashy cars, don't care about how "fun" they are to drive. My main concern has always been the bottom line. I really appreciate being able to rely on this car and that I've never had to spend a lot on it. Love this car!

Incredible car!
By Antalian on 04/27/10 13:08 PM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This car is super awesome and fun to drive! The 2.5L in my Spec V pulls hard and always has more power to offer. It's surprisingly powerful for a straight 4. I drove it very hard on the 1st tank and still got 26 MPG out of it. But this car shines the most when you take it out on country roads and take some corners at speeds that don't seem like it should be able to handle, but it does handle them, VERY nicely. I'm the 2nd owner and it's got 85,000 miles and it's never any problems.

Best car ever
By Nissan on 04/09/10 19:16 PM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

i love my 2002 Nissan Sentra. I am the first owner and in 8 years i have not even had one problem. The car has 120,000 km on it.It burns so little gas. It is fast and powerful and very reliable. This year i am planing to buy a new 2010 nissian sentra. I also love the way the car looks with a spoiler. I have never had a better car. I've had a Ford Fairlane and a Ford Thunderbird. This car is the best, I even pull a small trailer.

Wont be buying another
By TurboTayrob on 03/23/10 08:40 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased my 02 Spec v from the original owner at 41k back in oct of 08,the car was perfect condition, one owner, all maintenance records ,I bought it because the original owner simply didn't need it anymore(close friend)I figured "hey im buyin a nissan it'll last me through college" WRONG!I lay no fault at the original owner, but at nissan , at 61k im having alternator, transmission and a whole lot of other electrical problems ,needless to say I didn't think SE-R parts would be easy to find but this is ridiculous,if only the performance made up for it when I hit the back roads its all gravy but in the city im highly disappointed with reliability,performance and MPGs, my last nissan EVER

Stunning reliability
By Togoshiman on 02/26/10 07:26 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Passed 150,000kms this week. Nothing has gone wrong with this car in nine years of continuous operation. While regular maintenance has helped, I'm astonished that I have done nothing but tires, oil changes, brake pads and a new oil dipstick the entire time. Nissan has been quick about recalls - the throttle issues seem limited to those who fail to heed the recalls. I don't baby the car at all - cars are meant to be driven. It's been on dirt roads to cottage country and through nine Canadian winters with salted roads without rust (save for one muffler bracket which was replaced for $60). While the design is showing its age and it's no luxury car, I am very impressed overall.

Miss my Sentra =(
By Renee on 12/21/09 10:59 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this Sentra, my first car, certified-used at a dealer. Aside from the fact that I paid way too much for it because of the financing, this is a solid car! Don't let anyone tell you it's bottom of the line! Not a whole ton of horsepower but it gets it done. Gave me no problems until just before 100K, then a couple little things popped up. (Spark plugs, fuel flush, nothing you can't do yourself) I drove this car everywhere. Florida and Canada were no problem! Kept up with oil changes and changed the brakes once. She never failed me. Got totaled just before Halloween, she might be the best car I'll ever have!

All around good car!
By Nicole1129 on 12/03/09 06:59 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my sentra with 22,000 miles on it when it was two years old.It was just in an accident and she was totaled (and I walked away unscathed) but I miss having it, I should buy another one! This is an extremely reliable car, and would suggest it to anyone!

1st nissian
By mickey0104 on 10/17/09 15:13 PM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

never had one prob with car in 5 years just change the oil every 3-6 months. well had one issue but it was with windows electric