Used 2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews - 91 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

243,000 miles and still running
By Alex Carr

2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car was given to me to jump start my life again my grandfather bought it for $700 with 236,000 miles and I have had few problems the belt tensioner pully needs to be replaced and the front shocks need to be replaced, I replaced the brakes (someone didn't know what they were doing so I completely replaced everything). I love the way it drives , the brake feel is fantastic, it has cheap tires but you wouldn't guess that it does. The 4 cylinder engine is powerful the transmission shifts smooth but does jerk every now and again, Paint looks horrible. Overall it keeps my insurance cheap and its my daily driver, I plan on getting a newer vehicle but I will keep this car until it dies!

Great Car Value
By Hawwison@yahoo.com

2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan CA 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've had 2 Sentras since 1985, this one being my second. I bought both my sons Sentras when they graduated college (1994 & 1998). The older one was sold in California by my son with 175,000 miles on it and it was still doing fine. My other son gave the 1998 to my sister, and that's still going strong with 185,000 miles on it. If you are looking for a reasonably-priced, easy-to-maintain car, this is the one!

I LOVED MY SENTRA
By vwispos

2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan XE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I loved my sentra, so fun to drive and it never left me stranded. I've seen some bad reviews but mine was absolutely flawless. Inexpensive and great on gas. I flipped it 3 times and it still cranked right up. (of course it was totaled though)

interior and relibility

seats could have been a little more comfortable but I still liked the interior.

Don't even think to buy this car
By denis18

2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

In 3+ years I owned this car I had nothing but problems with engine. The Idle Control Valve, the Engine Control and the ignitions coils went down several times. The engine stalled many times, which makes this car very unsafe to drive. By the end A/C was down too. Never buy any Nissan again

I am done with NISSAN
By 2002sentragxe

2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased a 02 Nissan Sentra GXE in Dec of 2001 from our local dealer in Petaluma California. At the time, we also considered Honda Civic and Toyota Corolla but ended up with the Nissan because the interior of the Sentra looked much better than the rest.
Big mistake!
Our Nissan was ok for the first several years but it started falling apart as soon as it hit 100k.
Everything from faded paint to the on board computer (ECM) went out at a cost of $700.
Next the transmission went out as well as the seatbelts and etc...
Now I understand why people buy Toyota's.
Meanwhile, a friend of ours has a 02 Corolla with 200k and it's still running strong.