Used 2002 Nissan Sentra XE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

I LOVED MY SENTRA
By vwispos

2002 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I loved my sentra, so fun to drive and it never left me stranded. I've seen some bad reviews but mine was absolutely flawless. Inexpensive and great on gas. I flipped it 3 times and it still cranked right up. (of course it was totaled though)

interior and relibility

seats could have been a little more comfortable but I still liked the interior.

This is a great car
By Woorham

2002 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this sentra XE for saving money. It does not have keyless entry, power windows, but has CD and AC. Runs well, has 5 passenger seat, great fuel economy, so I guess this is perfect for some money saver? Wow!

Money saver.

I think suspension is a little bit too tight.

Honest assessment
By scottc

2002 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my favorite car ever. I have had cars of varying makes and for some unknown reason, I love this car more than any of them. I have a nearly bare- bones '02 XE (CD, spoiler and A/C are the only options) and I'm just as comfy as can be with it. This isn't to say all is perfect. The seat fabric in the XE is just embarassing - some weird triangulation thing going on there, but the cloth is extremely durable. Overall, an excellent car. I wish it were still built in the US of A (built in Mexico), but at least the engine and trans are still built in Japan.

Engine & transmission, front end styling, reliability/durability, fuel economy, general comfort and quietness.

Get rid of Indian blanket styled seats in XE, make 15" wheels standard, change rear-end styling.

Great car at a great price
By whudiz

2002 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2002 Nissan Sentra XE in April '03 used with 11,000 miles on it from a dealer. I really love the car. It drives great and is very comfortable. I drove it to New York and it was a very comfortable ride. It also handle the tough New York streets beautifuly. I heard this car was good but I didnt think I would get such a wonderful car for a good price. Its basic, no power windows or locks but it does have AC, CD, and AM/FM. Basically, it has everything that I need and nothing that I dont. :-)

Very comfortable.

I can't think of any. Maybe to add a bigger L4, may a 2.2L. Oh wait, I think they did that already. Never mind.

Great Car
By Elton John

2002 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Same quality as a Corolla or Honda Civic, but less expensive. I've owned my car for 20 mths and I've driven it 21000 miles and I haven't had one problem with it. It has many great features such as compact disc, auto, air it has enough zip to get you where you need to go safely and comfortably. The best thing about the car is it's affordability. I paid $12,300.00 total out the door for my brand new Sentra. I can't say enough good things about the car!

Durability, quality, reliability, fuel efficient

More color choices in the interior of the car. The gray is a bit boring