Used 2002 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Fun Nissan
By David Aguilera

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I'm no car expert, but I've driven two Spec-V Sentra; so I figure to have a say. I consider this car to be a very great affordable car. The Spec-V model provides comforts, speed, and good looking aesthetics. The 6 speed version is perfect for your needs on the road. On HWY 1 (Californians will understand) this car has the acceleration to get you over any hills, and the handling for the windy roads you will find.

Suggested Improvements

Just my preference, but front-wheel drive isn't fun. This car is sporty and should be rear-wheel.

never again will i buy nissan
By dukebdevil08

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

had this car for two years and from the beginning I had to replace the ecu withing three months.had to replace the 02 sensor twice.had to replace the fuel pump and the transmission control module..spent more time having repairs done on the car than I had driving it..these cars have had major recalls on them and mine had three which were for the airbag,the butterfly bolts on the cat back and the ecu..now I own a mazda and I love it..sorry Nissan but never again will I ever buy one of your vehicles..

Nickel n dimer
By wantastang302

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

After almost 6 years and 55k miles I have replaced almost everything on the vehicle except the engine. Not exaggerating. Wish I was. Purchased with 94k miles and just turned 150k. If I didn't love the car so much I would have sold it for a Mustang. Have a decent amount of mods and heavy suspension upgrades. Everything that broke on the car I replaced with high performance parts. I drive this car HARD Daily. Throw 6 inches of snow at this car and it's useless although it's dry weather fun makes up for it. This is NOT a reliable commuter. Missed more days of work than I'd like to think about being stuck with this car. Will not buy another when I tire of this one.

Favorite Features

The engine is superb and short shift trans gearbox is fantastic. When I race, I shift as fast as motorcycles. I'm talking tenths of a second until 5th. Gets a little awkward there but 6th makes up for it. I chirp 4th sometimes with AA traction Street tires. Best torque I've seen on a 4 banger w/o turbo. Good amount of trunk space although back seat space suffers.

Suggested Improvements

Paint fades prematurely. Parts are unreliable. Nissan, if it wasn't for style, speed and handling in your vehicles, you would be out of business because your build quality is SOME of the worst I've seen (my Toyota was worse) and I've owned many brands.

I LOVED MY SENTRA
By vwispos

2002 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I loved my sentra, so fun to drive and it never left me stranded. I've seen some bad reviews but mine was absolutely flawless. Inexpensive and great on gas. I flipped it 3 times and it still cranked right up. (of course it was totaled though)

Favorite Features

interior and relibility

Suggested Improvements

seats could have been a little more comfortable but I still liked the interior.

Spec-V 02
By spec_v_d

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This is the second 02 spec-v i have owned. The first was just crap but it was because of the original owner treated it like crap... previous owner was a young girl who did not know how to drive a stick. Now i got another and it had the new motor, tranny, and clutch installed by nissan due to recall on the original motors. Car has about 50k miles on it and i couldnt love it more. I have owned lots of tuner cars and i must say this is by far my favorite. Handles great, amazing power for the 4 banger. I have a few mods to the car nothing to crazy just cold air, exhaust, and suspension. gets pretty good gas milage could be better though. All in all i give this car a 4.7 out of 5

Suggested Improvements

Change the headers as soon as possible! dont cheap out get the hotshots. Also be sure to locktight most of the engine bolts... had a few want to come lose.