Used 2002 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews - 241 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

2002 Nissan Sentra

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

243,000 miles and still running
By Alex Carr

2002 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car was given to me to jump start my life again my grandfather bought it for $700 with 236,000 miles and I have had few problems the belt tensioner pully needs to be replaced and the front shocks need to be replaced, I replaced the brakes (someone didn't know what they were doing so I completely replaced everything). I love the way it drives , the brake feel is fantastic, it has cheap tires but you wouldn't guess that it does. The 4 cylinder engine is powerful the transmission shifts smooth but does jerk every now and again, Paint looks horrible. Overall it keeps my insurance cheap and its my daily driver, I plan on getting a newer vehicle but I will keep this car until it dies!

Great Car Value
By Hawwison@yahoo.com

2002 Nissan Sentra CA 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've had 2 Sentras since 1985, this one being my second. I bought both my sons Sentras when they graduated college (1994 & 1998). The older one was sold in California by my son with 175,000 miles on it and it was still doing fine. My other son gave the 1998 to my sister, and that's still going strong with 185,000 miles on it. If you are looking for a reasonably-priced, easy-to-maintain car, this is the one!

Fun Nissan
By David Aguilera

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I'm no car expert, but I've driven two Spec-V Sentra; so I figure to have a say. I consider this car to be a very great affordable car. The Spec-V model provides comforts, speed, and good looking aesthetics. The 6 speed version is perfect for your needs on the road. On HWY 1 (Californians will understand) this car has the acceleration to get you over any hills, and the handling for the windy roads you will find.

Just my preference, but front-wheel drive isn't fun. This car is sporty and should be rear-wheel.

never again will i buy nissan
By dukebdevil08

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

had this car for two years and from the beginning I had to replace the ecu withing three months.had to replace the 02 sensor twice.had to replace the fuel pump and the transmission control module..spent more time having repairs done on the car than I had driving it..these cars have had major recalls on them and mine had three which were for the airbag,the butterfly bolts on the cat back and the ecu..now I own a mazda and I love it..sorry Nissan but never again will I ever buy one of your vehicles..

Nickel n dimer
By wantastang302

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

After almost 6 years and 55k miles I have replaced almost everything on the vehicle except the engine. Not exaggerating. Wish I was. Purchased with 94k miles and just turned 150k. If I didn't love the car so much I would have sold it for a Mustang. Have a decent amount of mods and heavy suspension upgrades. Everything that broke on the car I replaced with high performance parts. I drive this
car HARD Daily.
Throw 6 inches of snow at this car and it's useless although it's dry weather fun makes up for it. This is NOT a reliable commuter. Missed more days of work than I'd like to think about being stuck with this car. Will not buy another when I tire of this one.

The engine is superb and short shift trans gearbox is fantastic. When I race, I shift as fast as motorcycles. I'm talking tenths of a second until 5th. Gets a little awkward there but 6th makes up for it. I chirp 4th sometimes with AA traction Street tires. Best torque I've seen on a 4 banger w/o turbo. Good amount of trunk space although back seat space suffers.

Paint fades prematurely. Parts are unreliable. Nissan, if it wasn't for style, speed and handling in your vehicles, you would be out of business because your build quality is SOME of the worst I've seen (my Toyota was worse) and I've owned many brands.