2001 Nissan Sentra Consumer Review: Sentras - See for Yourself

2001 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Review

GXE Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Sentras - See for Yourself
By Mama L on

2001 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2001 GXE Sentra in 2001 and paid it off last year (a little early). There was one recall issue that caused the car to die, but it was fixed under warranty. It's not the quickest thing on the takeoff, but does fine on the highway and has a heavy, secure feel -- to me. I had a Corolla before that and its steering touch was so light you could run off the road in the blink of an eye. It's not the most fuel efficient car on the road, but it's also one of the cheaper.

I like the look of it. It still looks dignified even after 5 years. I hear it's going to be redesigned in fall 2006. I drive a stick so that's important to me that it works well and so far, no complaints.

Better fuel economy. Put a handle or something to grab onto to close the door. When it's open I can't reach the handle and the door is so heavy I have to grab the side door storage compartments to close it.