2001 Nissan Sentra Consumer Review: Sentra is the name

2001 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Review

Sentra is the name
By LISentra on

2001 Nissan Sentra SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

79K and I still love it. i keep looking at new cars and still for the money you can not beat the 2001 Sentra SE. I reluctantly got the Automatic which kills the gas, but I still get 24/30 on a consistent basis and that is with running it hard on the Long Island Parkways. The worst thing on this car is the brakes...the best thing is the brakes...how does that work? They go after about 15-20k, but this car stops on a dime. Even in the wet and snow, I have not had a problem stoping the Sentra. But the cream of the crop when it comes to this car is why we all bough it...The SR20DE...this engine just keeps going. My Sentra has never once let me down...and low upkeep to boot.

The engine is the best, along with great handling for what is essentially a compact sedan. The Firestones don't last long, but can give you some great traction on the dry roadways and hang on in the snow and rain.

Improve the Brakes...atleast upgrade your pads and rotors...Drop a turbo package on the new SER-Spec V...This car does have an absurd amount of door rattle...improve the craftmanship of the interior paneling. But leave the engine alone, or actually bring it back!