2001 Nissan Sentra Consumer Review: Reliable Car

2001 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Review

GXE Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Reliable Car
By cy04547 on

2001 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car in 2004 with 35,000 on it. It now has 154,000 miles. I have gotten 40 mpg on the highway and this is what I absolutely love about the car. I consistently averaged 35 on a mix of back roads and rte 1 (60 mph). Besides regular maintenance, I have had to replace a front coil spring (cheap fix, got the part from a junk yard). There are tons of sentras in the junk yards so get used parts! This cost me about $40, the horn went just after I bought it and probably several other really small things. Currently the connection with the radio and lights to the gearshift have blown. I can deal. I am having trouble giving up the car because of the reliability and gas mileage!

One touch down drivers window, gas mileage!!, fold down rear seats and reliability! Great small commuter car.

More comfortable seats, lumbar support and a larger space for passengers legs in the back seat.
By rwmke
on 06/09/12 18:10 PM (PDT)

Yep, same car here 145,000 mi, and I concur with your assessment. 38-42 MPG in mixed driving (cruise at 60 mph on the highway for economy), tank after tank. Short shift, throttle inputs sensitive to engine torque curve (more throttle and power output as the revs build)-- is this the right way to drive it? Synthetic engine and trans oils. Light touch gearshift makes rowing-my-own easy. Wish for a 6th-overdrive gear. Been lucky I guess, nothing has broken except the day-night switch on the mirror. Not even needed a recharge on the A/C except for once years ago at a shady place that I suspect purged it on an earlier service.