Good up to a point ...
By copykat on
2001 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
This was really a good little car until about 85,000 or 90,000 miles. I had no major repairs until then, but at that point things started to go downhill. First, I had to replace the catalytic converter, an $800 repair. Then, about a year later the car developed a leak in the rear main seal, which cost about $700 to fix. A month later the exhaust flex pipe needed to be replaced, which was another $400. A week later I was told there was another problem with the catalytic converter/oxygen sensors, at which point I threw in the towel. But I suppose once you pass $100K all bets are off. And since I did very little to the car in the first eight years or so, that's not too bad.
Favorite Features
The fuel economy is unbelievable. I was getting maybe 33 miles to the gallon, even at the end.
Suggested Improvements
The horn kept breaking. I had to have the wires reattached on three different occasions. Also, the handle on the dipstick kept breaking off. This may not have happened if the plastic handle hadn't been right next tp the radiator hose. The interior is a bit cheap, but serviceable.