Compact Tank
By PirateJake on
2001 Nissan Sentra SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
My car has not had an easy mile in its life. From destroying a deer going 65 mph to some mild offroad drifting (rock crawling?!?) this car has been virtually invincible. We got this about the same time we got a Suburban, and this little car has worn its abuse much better. I have the SE model with the SR20DE and an automatic tranny. This car isn't pretty after its 7 years of abuse, but it sure runs like a top. I'm in college and commute over 40 miles every day and I expect this car to be there for me for another 100,000 miles. It has carried my 16 foot canoe hundreds of miles without a problem and has done dozens of trips to all the midwest. Do yourself a favor and get the stickshift.
Favorite Features
Reliability, economy, fog lights, powerful 4 wheel disc brakes, handles like a sports car. Most durable economy car, more fun than a civic. SR20DE DOHC has a lot of pep for its size.
Suggested Improvements
AC kills the engine power. Automatic tranny takes all the fun out of driving the car. The plastic and body are very loosely attatched and are quite cheap in quality. Car looks too feminine. Backseat only fit for spider monkeys and small people. Ratcheting rear calipers are a pain to work with.