2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Biggest BANG for your BUCK
By CopticOrthodox on 09/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

A nice little car both in and out. Great performance for a naturally aspirated 4-cylinder, especially when compared to any Honda 4-cylinder (except the S2000).

Fast and Reliable
By Mattman on 09/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Sentra hoping it would be a good ride for many years to come. After 2 1/2 years of ownership, I am satisfied that it will fulfill that mission. I am a spirited driver (I drive fast, but not rough). The car has been fun, fast and given no mechanical problems.

Disappointed
By Huck on 08/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan XE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

After 3 recalls and repairs, the A/C going out twice, the gas pedal continually sticking even a few thousand miles after it is repaired, passenger window sticking, the CD player being intermitant and the buttons coming off the radio....AAGGHH I think this car was made on a Monday.

Poor Choice
By vrkeller on 08/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Nissan Sentra GXE brand new in August of 2001, I was deciding between this and a Honda Civic, I made the mistake of choosing this car. Since then, I've put about 30,000 miles on it, and it has been in the shop about 6 times. 3 times for recall, and 3 other time the car just broke down. On one trip to the dealer they sent me home while the car would just stall for no reason while in motion, and after leaving the car with the dealership for over a week, the dealership still couldn't figure out what was wrong with the car. And as we speak the car is in the shop for axle noise (warranty of course) Now I'm planning to purchase a Jetta.

By HoustonTrev on 08/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We now have 43k hard-earned miles on the car. It was in the shop only once for two safety recalls. Other than that it has gone without a hitch. Even the tires still look good. I love the broad powerband of the engine coupled with the 5 speed. The stereo only sounds good when the volume is high, but I like it that way anyway. :)

2 years old and still kickin
By Abeam on 08/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Not a bad car at all. Relatively cheap and great fuel economy. The covers on my vanity mirrors have fallen off, but oh well. The car drives well, and hasn't had to be serviced yet. The Sentra is one of the best in its class. Not a really fast car, but it doesn't claim to be. I think my next bye will be based on performance. I'll be happy with my Sentra for a couple more years, though.

Never again car build in Mexico!
By TX on 07/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan XE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I got it for my wife in September of 2001. Should have looked more around. 2 recalls, rattling dashboard - fixed, numerous complains about the A/C finally fixed, cannot close the window at 70 miles per hour because of whistling for the rest of the trip. Tires gone after 16000 miles. Very poor craftsmanship.

BMW 2002 WannaBe
By lonster on 07/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned an 86 Mustang, an 83 Corolla (rwd), 68 Plymouth Satellite, 97 200SX SE-R, among others, and when I found the 2001 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, it was all over. Definitely fun to drive, completely tossable, it's a car that feels like simply an extension of my every sense... It was a couple of months until I realized this car came with a factory sub-woofer! A great car to drive, maintain, and own!

Excellent car for the price
By CAC83 on 06/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan XE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car and never had any problem with it.. always serviced at the dealership. goes from 0 - 60 in 9 seconds if it is 5 speed. the fuel economy is around 28 mpg. In your are serious about buying a compact size car this is the way to go. faster than a civic and a jetta cheppear than a Corolla a jetta or civic. Nissan Sentra is your choice.

Fun Car
By msjulie81 on 06/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan XE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

It tends to make a "bird noise" when I start it in the morning.(mechanic says that there is nothing wrong???) I already had to replace one of the pullys, the horn, and the radio. Despite the fact my car seems to be spending most of its time with my mechanic, it drives great!