2001 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Good car overall
By anlu68 on 12/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

So far I put over 62000 miles on this car and only in shop for once (last month) except some recalls. It's been great overall. If you are looking for a decent car to put 200K+ miles on it. Sentra is a way to go!

Cruiser
By ookpik_one on 11/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent dependability with a somewhat stiff ride. Good trunk space and passenger room. Good milage with the 5 speed transmission.

Very good first car
By redcoatjones on 11/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my sentra in 2000. First car I bought myself (post-college), and I have been very pleased. Good gas milage (30-32 mpg), and great handling for a commute up and down the interstate. No major problems, but I had 1 trip to dealer for recalls and had to replace the original tires after only 1.5 years. Recommend for someone who needs a car for commuting. Not recommended for large families or someone who carries lots of cargo.

Sr20de --- 2.0
By Rcat143 on 10/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Sentra SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

All it needs now is a turbo and the car will rock.. The performance is awesome great handling and good interior design. Se models are the best there is for sentras could care less about spec v and the rest. I haven't gotten any problems with my car except when a small rock hit my windshield when I was behind a rig.

Great first-time buyers car!
By shifty on 10/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Sentra SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first car that I've bought on my own. The Sentra SE is so reliable and sporty. I believe that I got so much for my money. This car is definitely a keeper. No regrets whatsoever!

buy this car
By rio man on 10/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Sentra SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

if u r looking for a cheap reliable car with great gas milage look no further. the only thing u r going to have to do is get rid of the firestone tires and go with performance yokahama. they r not cheap about $100 a tire but its like driving a different car.i also like getting 31 to the gallon on the highway.

its ok
By kimbo on 10/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Sentra SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love the way my nissan looks, however, some charge up hill is slow, and slowly but surely many of the interior features are slowley fading, gas cage doesnt stay closed, tires stink, and are hard to replace. lighter doesnt work, small things like that. Overall it is a good ,reliable car. cost efficient on gas. If you get a good dealer price is is a steal. But if you care about the inside stuff, be warned

Happy...
By Happy...for now on 10/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Sentra SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have not had any significant problems with my 01 Sentra SE. It is a great car to drive. It is smooth sailing when on the highway at 70. It is quiet...(I like that so I can really tell if there is anything that doesn't sound right). I am happy with it but I know that cars don't last forever, so I am wondering when something is going to break and how much it is going to cost...

Great car for the price
By Driver21 on 09/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Sentra SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 01' Sentra SE in '00 because I needed an affordable, reliable new car to get me to school and work. It has done exactly that. I have brought it in exclusively for oil changes and regular service to the dealership,+ a recall. I see people are complaining about the quality of paint, tires, rattles, etc. I personally have not had any of those problems yet, and my car has 49,350 miles, and still have the original, although balding tires. I would also advise to get a manual trans if you are not sure. I bought the auto because I commute in traffic a lot, but can not wait to get a stick car.

Light Light go away
By kaaash on 09/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Sentra SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

A very good car overall, recently though I've plaqued with a check engine light which the dealer's mechanics say is a loose gas cap.. which I could have believed once... but 5 times!? Basically now a day or two after I fill up with gas, the light comes on and must be reset. This has been such a pain, Im seriously considering selling it. I don't have any complaints otherwise and its been solid mechanically other than that.