2001 Nissan Sentra XE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

2001 Sentra Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Sort Reviews by

Great commuting or first car!!!
By Tazzin2

2001 Nissan Sentra SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love the great gas mileage. I have not had any problems with my car at all. It's 4 years old with ~50K miles and still going strong!! I got the sunroof and the 10-CD changer. It's soooo fun to drive and all 3 kids want it!! I just bought an expensive SUV with the plan of selling this Sentra and I keep fighting with myself about keeping it!! I can't make up my mind!! The only 2 things I would change to make it perfect are the tires and one of the cup-holders is not usable if you have anything plugged into the power outlet. Love this car.

Favorite Features

My favorites are the Gas mileage, the 10-CD changer, the sunroof, and the fact that all 3 of my kids want to steal it. (Ages 21, 19 and 13)

Suggested Improvements

Like I said earlier, the tires are not the best and one cup-holder is blocked by anything plugged in to the power outlet.

Good car overall
By anlu68

2001 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

So far I put over 62000 miles on this car and only in shop for once (last month) except some recalls. It's been great overall. If you are looking for a decent car to put 200K+ miles on it. Sentra is a way to go!

Favorite Features

Engine, Sound System (CD with 7 speakers)

Suggested Improvements

More rear leg room!

Cruiser
By ookpik_one

2001 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent dependability with a somewhat stiff ride. Good trunk space and passenger room. Good milage with the 5 speed transmission.

Favorite Features

i love the heated exterior mirrors, 8 way adjustable seat and overall design.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the ride. Bigger tires may help.

Very good first car
By redcoatjones

2001 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my sentra in 2000. First car I bought myself (post-college), and I have been very pleased. Good gas milage (30-32 mpg), and great handling for a commute up and down the interstate. No major problems, but I had 1 trip to dealer for recalls and had to replace the original tires after only 1.5 years. Recommend for someone who needs a car for commuting. Not recommended for large families or someone who carries lots of cargo.

Favorite Features

Fun and easy to drive. Reliable.

Suggested Improvements

Higher quality factory tires. ABS standard on all trims. More space in back (very cramped).

Sr20de --- 2.0
By Rcat143

2001 Nissan Sentra SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

All it needs now is a turbo and the car will rock.. The performance is awesome great handling and good interior design. Se models are the best there is for sentras could care less about spec v and the rest. I haven't gotten any problems with my car except when a small rock hit my windshield when I was behind a rig.

Favorite Features

Speed performance.. Handling of gears. Engine..

Suggested Improvements

A turbo and maybe make it a little bit more lighter. 2680 pounds is a little high for me.. maybe 2300 so it can fly. The end should be fixed to better design.

Great first-time buyers car!
By shifty

2001 Nissan Sentra SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first car that I've bought on my own. The Sentra SE is so reliable and sporty. I believe that I got so much for my money. This car is definitely a keeper. No regrets whatsoever!

Favorite Features

Reliable and strong SR20DE engine, rare exterior color that I got (Granite Pearl), midnight black interior, 4-wheel disc brakes, sunroof.

Suggested Improvements

None.

buy this car
By rio man

2001 Nissan Sentra SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

if u r looking for a cheap reliable car with great gas milage look no further. the only thing u r going to have to do is get rid of the firestone tires and go with performance yokahama. they r not cheap about $100 a tire but its like driving a different car.i also like getting 31 to the gallon on the highway.

Favorite Features

i love the handling with the yokahama tires and the gas milage. also aafter 80000 miles i had it to the shop once for a sensor $320

Suggested Improvements

make it a little quietier and get some decent tires on it

its ok
By kimbo

2001 Nissan Sentra SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love the way my nissan looks, however, some charge up hill is slow, and slowly but surely many of the interior features are slowley fading, gas cage doesnt stay closed, tires stink, and are hard to replace. lighter doesnt work, small things like that. Overall it is a good ,reliable car. cost efficient on gas. If you get a good dealer price is is a steal. But if you care about the inside stuff, be warned

Favorite Features

the way it looks

Suggested Improvements

better tires, more quality on luxury interior features. MORE LEG ROOM IN REAR.

Happy...
By Happy...for now

2001 Nissan Sentra SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have not had any significant problems with my 01 Sentra SE. It is a great car to drive. It is smooth sailing when on the highway at 70. It is quiet...(I like that so I can really tell if there is anything that doesn't sound right). I am happy with it but I know that cars don't last forever, so I am wondering when something is going to break and how much it is going to cost...

Favorite Features

Radio placement, extra storage, shape, GAS milage.

Suggested Improvements

holding resale value, more leg room in back seat

Great car for the price
By Driver21

2001 Nissan Sentra SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 01' Sentra SE in '00 because I needed an affordable, reliable new car to get me to school and work. It has done exactly that. I have brought it in exclusively for oil changes and regular service to the dealership,+ a recall. I see people are complaining about the quality of paint, tires, rattles, etc. I personally have not had any of those problems yet, and my car has 49,350 miles, and still have the original, although balding tires. I would also advise to get a manual trans if you are not sure. I bought the auto because I commute in traffic a lot, but can not wait to get a stick car.

Favorite Features

quality gas mileage reliability price handling

Suggested Improvements

dealer/customer service auto trans performace saps engine; styling rear seat room front leg room for taller drivers