Used 2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Great car
By Tom

2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Has been a great car! Biggest issues have been early tire wear, clouding of the headlamps and the fact that the air conditioning really saps power from the engine.

The steering and engine power with the air off.

Better air conditioning.

Excellent Purchase
By Sentra

2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2001 Sentra GXE in June of 2001. I financed it for 5 yrs. It still runs as well as it did when I drove it home brand new. Hopefully it will last another 5 years.

Good gas mileage.

Needs interior design improvement. More leg room required.

awesome car
By 01sentrase20

2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been a blast to own and I am glad i made my choice of a nissan versus a saturn i was also looking to buy.

The sporty look with the 4 door price.

more hp

Good Practical Car
By Kristi

2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Has required no repairs, except a recall and normal maintenance. Good in snow considering weight of car. Road noise can be annoying-put on fave CD! Heat/air at 3+ too noisy. Gas mileage somewhat disappointing. Small & feel am sacrificing some comfort for reliability & longevity, but front seats very adjustable for max personal comfort. Excellent at holding its value if even moderately maintained. I recommend for practical types who want a reliable, low "cost of use" car they can pay off & be free of payments for a least a few years, if not more.

Love chrome accents inside. Feels like bit of class breaking up gray, gray, gray plastic typical in non-lux cars. Surprised & impressed by capacity of trunk.

Reduce road and heat/air fan noise. Improve gas mileage.

Great small car
By Dreama

2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car new with about 12 miles on it and now 5+ years later it has 44,000+ on it. I really love it. It's fun to drive this 5 speed. I have a lead foot. Great gas mileage. My son and I fight over who gets to drive it. I have replaced the rear brakes, including the calipers. I haven't had any problems. Recently an exhaust issue, the replacement OEM will be 595.70 for the muffler. WOW that is expensive. I haven't found it less expensive yet. I'll keep looking on the web for a better deal.

The stereo system is pretty good for the price of the vehicle. I love the sun roof. I like the body style and with the black body and silver wheels it looks really nice as it drives away. I realy like this car. I'm hoping to keep it for another 60,000 miles. It's paid for now. Sweet!!!

At 5'1" more space between me and the steering wheel. I can't move the seat back because the clutch has to be fully depressed to change the gears. The Firestone tires are the worst ever. I have purchased 3 sets. Even new they are not good and terrible in the snow. The paint is dull even after wax.