2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Perfect daily/first car
By nametakennow on 09/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first car. I love it to death. Quick and understated, but it always turns a few heads. "Hey, what do you drive?" etc. A lot of fun and perfect for a daily driver, particularly for a young driver like myself. Quick, but not quick enough to get you into too much trouble. The suspension is incredible, handling is amazing, way more suspension than power, which is good for a young driver. Some boost -I have my plans there ;)- and this car would be perfect. Besides the God-awful tires, that is... Ditch the Firestones. Stock LSD is wonderful to have whenever you've got to get on it to get out into traffic. 00-01 SE> 02+ SE-R/Spec V

Like it so far!
By Tabbykat76 on 08/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've had a Mazda Protege, a Plymouth Neon, and an older Honda Accord. I like it as much as my Mazda that was wrecked. But honestly I would say nothing beats a honda BUT then again for the price a Nissan is a great deal! I got my 2001 w/31500miles for $8000. I guess it helps to buy it at the end of the sales quarter 15 mins till close with a screaming kids in tow with this info from Edmunds in hand. Anyhow highly recommend!

Best Car
By sarjarm on 08/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan XE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Sentra! It's never given me any problems & is very fun to drive. the only complaint I have is that sometimes parts are pricey. But compared to other imports, I guess the price is pretty good. It has very good fuel economy. All around, I give it a 9.5 out of 10

Like my Sentra
By mchown on 06/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan XE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a reliable vehicle. I haven't decided whether I will keep it when the lease is up or not. Have had 3 recalls, and the only other maintenance besides normal checkups, is getting front brakes replaced after 3 years. The tires are crummy, they definitely won't last another year, even with changing them over every Canadian winter! The fuel mileage is excellent, and it's a safe and reliable touring car.

Lemmonsville
By Artemous on 05/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This will be my last nissan bad weatherstrip all windows, on 5th sun visor, bad window regulator, bad speaker, flaking paint, sagging door, exhaust leak, ETC. What can you expect from a Mexican built car. As many defects as an American car.

Not what I had in mind
By TNLady on 05/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I leased this vehicle and had it during my last two years of college. The not so good: It stalled in the middle of an intersection while running after I owned it for 2 or 3 months (that was fun), the side mirror fell off (not under warranty), driver and passenger window motors went out,and I bought 4 new tires bc the original were rather crappy. The interior is also very cheaply made and the engine makes it hard to keep up in traffic sometimes. Keep in mind this is a "compact" car and Nissan takes that literally with very little leg room to go around.

Poor competitor to the Civic
By Joe Ramiro on 04/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car is just a poor example of how a compact should be made. Even though it is Japanese it is more on par with its American counterparts then it is its Japanese. The car is loud, VERY loud. Tire noise, thumps, bumps, squeaks, rattles, etc. The windows make a rustling noise when you lower them. Just poorly constructed. 0-40 was actually impressive, however the torque curve is set that way intentionally; probably a good city car however merging onto the highway is not fun. I just traded this in for an 04 Civic. NO COMPARISON. Honda wins hands down.

Road Worthy
By Sigapp on 04/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent reliable vehicle that doesn't want to stop at every gas station. An excellent freeway cruiser.

Forwarning
By Improve on 02/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The car currently has 69,500 miles. Both front power windows aren't functional (VERY cheap design). Numerous recalls, one as current as 1/25/2004. The car handles well and the engine has been very reliable. It's all the little things that need more attention paid to them. The backseat is absolutely useless and the spare tire cover will colapse.

Nissan Sentra
By Macki on 02/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Interior is very small. Back seat is basically non-existent.