2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
2001 Nissan Senra XE
By ROBERT LINS on 12/24/05 16:04 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan XE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Great car, reliable, dependable, and comfortable. The selling dealer tried to cover up cosmetic flaws poorly (they show up now) but overall the car is great. Love the mechanical durability and the timing CHAIN. Wish it had a tachometer.

The sentra base xe model
By SENTRAROB on 12/16/05 15:46 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan CA 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

It's a great car. Fun to drive low maintenance and a great preformer. I love it and for a base model, it sure has a lot of pick up and power.

sentra rave
By dave on 12/08/05 15:58 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

of all the cars that I have owned the sentra has been the best by far for dependability. I currently have 230,000 km's on it and have only had two minor problems. I still get 44 miles to the gallon. I use synthetic oil and a k&n filter. the dealer i got it from has been more than expected friendly and helpful with great service. thank-you and looking forward to more business.

Love My Sentra SE
By Bryan on 11/11/05 01:07 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my 01 Sentra with 53815 miles on it and I have had no problems whatsoever to date. The motor pulls strong and the acceleration is great from a 4 cylinder. The SR20DE motor has tons of available aftermarket performance products and the body is beautiful in black.

Best in class
By Manny on 11/07/05 20:01 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

With over 77,000 the car still runs like new. Only replaced the brakes once on front and once on rear. I followed all suggested maintenance on the car and just switched to Mobil 1 synthetic and now the engine feels like new again. I have a SRI intake, racing header and 2.5" cat-back exhaust and the car gets about 33mph average. This is THE best car I have ever owned, second best was my '89 240SX.

nice car
By josy g on 10/23/05 12:49 PM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

only a few more payments and she's mine. nice car to drive. always enjoyed nissan cars, four wheel discs, 16 inch tires spoiler and more. looks fine.

Pretty Decent
By Tom on 10/20/05 20:42 PM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my car for about 8 months now. It replaced a 1990 Ford Escort so by comparison I love it. It's only given me a few small problems, dipstick breaking, not the best power windows, and a rattling noise that my mechanic tells me is nothing serious, just an unimportant loose part. I don't usually drive around that many people so the lack of room in the back isn't that big of a deal for me. The people that have ridden back there are usually fine as long as the person in front of them is forgiving.

2001 nissan sentra CA
By Kenneth Finucane on 10/15/05 00:18 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan CA 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

MY California car did great until about 44K- when the catalytic converter went out. At 52K the converter went out again, this time my car has been in the shop for over 5 weeks! Nisian said the part had to be made, then on backorder, (there were only a few hundred made of the CA sentra model). The truth is that the CA model with its 3 catalytic design just does not work- the car has run lean from the get go- what this means is that eventually the valves will permaturely fail- they are starting to go already, i pulled the spark plugs before i took to the dealler and could see detonation on the tips- not good.It seems Nissan received some form of insentive to try 3 catalytic system.

Sentra is the name
By LISentra on 10/13/05 23:59 PM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

79K and I still love it. i keep looking at new cars and still for the money you can not beat the 2001 Sentra SE. I reluctantly got the Automatic which kills the gas, but I still get 24/30 on a consistent basis and that is with running it hard on the Long Island Parkways. The worst thing on this car is the brakes...the best thing is the brakes...how does that work? They go after about 15-20k, but this car stops on a dime. Even in the wet and snow, I have not had a problem stoping the Sentra. But the cream of the crop when it comes to this car is why we all bough it...The SR20DE...this engine just keeps going. My Sentra has never once let me down...and low upkeep to boot.

Easy to own
By Mike on 09/23/05 18:15 PM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We've had this car since april of 2001. It's been back to the dealer 4 times I think, replaced driver window motor, driver mirror, camshaft sensor, and a recall on the front end, all covered under warranty. It's got 65,000 miles on the origional tires(BF goodrich). I've put one set of brakes on the front which is normal. Other than that all we've had to do is change the oil, put gas in it and drive it. Nothing is trouble free if you don't take care of it.