2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
New car NIssan Sentra XE 2001
By marine11 on 03/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan XE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Good vehicle so far. A little rattly when driving. Leg room in back could be alot better. The car is overall a good car, although the dealership never gave me a owners manual, and will not get me one. I think this should be included in a new car.

Great bang for the buck
By magagne on 03/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Don't know why there are not more Sentra SE on the road..it's fast, handles like a dream, and is just fun to drive!

A Great, Fun to Drive Little Car
By Nismo427 on 03/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

While my particular car suffers from some build defects, its overall performance and handling are way above the norm for this class. The venerable SR20 engine is really strong and when most of the power comes on at 4000 rpm it's a rush like no other. The paint in typical Nissan fashion isn't so great, neither is the build quality of the interior, but the overall feel of this car is sure to please anyone out looking for a little fun.

Love It
By RoadRunner on 03/05/02 14:08 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I drive 120 miles round-trip per day for work. I haven't had any problems to date. I love it. My only complaint is that there is a vibration noise sometimes from the interior "plastics". Other than that, I don't feel like I"m driving an economy car.

sentra fun
By rad on 03/04/02 20:11 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

all i can say is hit the gas during your corners

Good Sedan
By Texan on 02/28/02 23:41 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have the Sentra SE for more than a year. The engine is quite for its class. It is fun to drive with the regular SE suspension, not the Stage II. The highway cruise is great. The speakers and the subwoofer are good. It does have rattle and squeak, but it is not a big deal. The Bridgestone tires are awful. The Pirelli tires replacement make the ride much better. The steering is tight and precise. The ABS and 4-wheel disc brake are wonderful.

Don't buy a Sentra
By Silvia on 02/27/02 16:40 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had many accessory problems like the visor mirror door hinge broke and map lights got stuck. The window stripping does not seal so air leaks in and is very noisy. The air conditioning system has gone out twice. I purchased the vehicle because I though it would be reliable and comfortable but I had a better experience with a Ford Escort. The dealership's customer service is no help.