Used 2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Easy to own
By Mike

2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We've had this car since april of 2001. It's been back to the dealer 4 times I think, replaced driver window motor, driver mirror, camshaft sensor, and a recall on the front end, all covered under warranty. It's got 65,000 miles on the origional tires(BF goodrich). I've put one set of brakes on the front which is normal. Other than that all we've had to do is change the oil, put gas in it and drive it. Nothing is trouble free if you don't take care of it.

Handling, gas milage, cold a/c, low maintenace

Road noise, maybe a little more power, and wiper blades that are the same size.

Best bang for your buck
By abba

2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

80K nearly trouble free miles so far. Yes the brakes need to be turned often, but it's no biggy. The motor is the best blend of torque, HP, gas mileage and reliability that Nissan has made. This car speaks to you at the limit of driving. Thus making it fun and safe. It's also loaded with features, responds well to mods, has room for 4, and get's 32 MPG.

SR20DE engine, handling, value, reliablility, MPG, fun to drive.

More rear seat room, less noise.

Great Car
By Kashif

2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car at 70,000 miles and have had it for about a year now. So far it has not given me any problems at all. I get about 26 mpg, with a lot of city driving. The front brakes are starting to make a grinding noise now, and I am guessing that I will have to replace the rotors. It seems that this is a common problem with this car.

Nice sound system.

Reduce the inside noise, fix the brake system.

Poor Quality
By Jason R.

2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car brand new and from the start it was full of problems. Aside from the 5 recalls that were all handled by Nissan (one of them without paying my tow bill) here is a list of many problems that my vehicle had. 1. Check engine light started to come on after the warranty expired and continued to do so very 6 months for no reason ($180 repair each time). 2. Cranckshaft sensor went out at 48K 3. Battery went out at 37K 4. Front rotors and paads needed to be replaced at 50K. 6. Rear bumper paint started to peel at 50K. 7. Power windows (front) went out About the only positive thing it had was the gas mileage and the exterior look. Very poor quality and reliability.

Gas mileage Design

Better quality and reliability More back leg room

Rotor problems
By Jacqueline Fowler

2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am constantly going back because of a grinding noise when you press on the brakes. They have turned the rotors 3 times, and tell me that is is a result of driving. I have less than 45000 and it started happening at 10000. They replaced the rotors and after driving 1500 miles they are grinding again. Another person, my son switched cars with me to dispell the theory that it is my driving, Otherwise this is an excellent car. The driver side window motor constantly goes out is replaced and burns out again. The ride is a little sporty but it turns with ease. Overall I would buy another one.

the look and the turning, manuveability. You can park it anywhere in any little space and quickly.

Somehow cushion the ride a little bit.