Used 2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Best in class
By Manny

2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

With over 77,000 the car still runs like new. Only replaced the brakes once on front and once on rear. I followed all suggested maintenance on the car and just switched to Mobil 1 synthetic and now the engine feels like new again. I have a SRI intake, racing header and 2.5" cat-back exhaust and the car gets about 33mph average. This is THE best car I have ever owned, second best was my '89 240SX.

Strong engine, solid transmition, limited slip differential works awesome. Car is really fun to drive and puts a smile on my face everytime I press the gas.

Headlights made out of glass would have been nice, the plastic headlights have turned really hazy due to sunlight. ABS and side impact air bags should have been standard on car. On my black car they really cheaped out on the paint of the bumpers and mirrors.

nice car
By josy g

2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

only a few more payments and she's mine. nice car to drive. always enjoyed nissan cars, four wheel discs, 16 inch tires spoiler and more. looks fine.

four wheel disc,big tires.

more chrome not plastic.

Pretty Decent
By Tom

2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my car for about 8 months now. It replaced a 1990 Ford Escort so by comparison I love it. It's only given me a few small problems, dipstick breaking, not the best power windows, and a rattling noise that my mechanic tells me is nothing serious, just an unimportant loose part. I don't usually drive around that many people so the lack of room in the back isn't that big of a deal for me. The people that have ridden back there are usually fine as long as the person in front of them is forgiving.

Sound system, inner and outer looks, and a fairly roomy trunk with a good opener. Good gas mileage, even with how fast I drive.

Better power windows, power locks that work with keys, as in when you turn the key to unlock twice it unlocks all the doors and likewise for locking. Kind of wishing I got the sporty version.

2001 nissan sentra CA
By Kenneth Finucane

2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan CA 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

MY California car did great until about 44K- when the catalytic converter went out. At 52K the converter went out again, this time my car has been in the shop for over 5 weeks! Nisian said the part had to be made, then on backorder, (there were only a few hundred made of the CA sentra model). The truth is that the CA model with its 3 catalytic design just does not work- the car has run lean from the get go- what this means is that eventually the valves will permaturely fail- they are starting to go already, i pulled the spark plugs before i took to the dealler and could see detonation on the tips- not good.It seems Nissan received some form of insentive to try 3 catalytic system.

fuel economy,drivers seat is comfortable

get rid of the 3 catalytic system, increase 20HP, 16" tires should be standard, cruise should be standard,spoiler should be standard, add a few inches to the rear seat.if you are over 160lbs and taller than 5'8" you will not like the back seat.

Sentra is the name
By LISentra

2001 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

79K and I still love it. i keep looking at new cars and still for the money you can not beat the 2001 Sentra SE. I reluctantly got the Automatic which kills the gas, but I still get 24/30 on a consistent basis and that is with running it hard on the Long Island Parkways. The worst thing on this car is the brakes...the best thing is the brakes...how does that work? They go after about 15-20k, but this car stops on a dime. Even in the wet and snow, I have not had a problem stoping the Sentra. But the cream of the crop when it comes to this car is why we all bough it...The SR20DE...this engine just keeps going. My Sentra has never once let me down...and low upkeep to boot.

The engine is the best, along with great handling for what is essentially a compact sedan. The Firestones don't last long, but can give you some great traction on the dry roadways and hang on in the snow and rain.

Improve the Brakes...atleast upgrade your pads and rotors...Drop a turbo package on the new SER-Spec V...This car does have an absurd amount of door rattle...improve the craftmanship of the interior paneling. But leave the engine alone, or actually bring it back!

• SUV