2001 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
2001 Sentra GXE
By bman1027 on 05/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Nissan Sentra GXE brand new in april of 2001, I was deciding between this and a Honda Civic, I made the mistake of choosing this car. Since then, I've put about 28,000 miles on it, and it has been in the shop about 6 times. 3 times for recall, and 3 other time the car just broke down. The most recent trip to the dealer is the most outrageous experience i've ever had. The car would just stall in for no reason, and after leaving the car with the dealership for over a week, the dealership still can't figur out what is wrong with the car. Now I'm getting rid of the car and planning to purchase an Accord, Camery or a Jetta soon.

Perfect teen car
By CelicaSentra on 04/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car has shown absolutly no problems for 2 whole years. It may not be the fastest car but it is still very sporty. The interior is very durable and the feel inside the car is luxury.

excellent
By Adam Reynolds on 04/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Sentra SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have been in the dealership once for warranty work, to replace a $.05 clip that broke. I absolutely love this car, never driven a car with such a broad powerband. It's very easy to drive, and one of the most fun cars out there. 5 stars!

Great Car
By roboto on 04/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Sentra SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a good little car.

I prefer Sentra to my Civic
By kurts on 04/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Sentra is very smooth driving. It has never given me any problem in many long trips. I am more used to the Nissan interior design; Civic and Corolla has an interior that feels "cheap".

So far so good.
By 96flea on 02/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Sentra SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The car has decent pep to it but could do better on milage. I have an automatic tranny w/performance package. The 16" wheels really makes the car look better but the low profile tires makes the car ride a little hard. I purchased the Sentra used at Pohanka Chevrolet in Chantilly, Va. for $10,500. The car did well in the blizzard that hit the East Coast this Feb. The torque is among the highest in this class of vehicle. I believe 0-60 is around 9 or 10 seconds though i have not really romped on the gas pedal to find out. With 3 family members (each weigh about 230lbs) this Sentra performed well with a full load.

Rattling is driving ME CRAZY
By Collie on 02/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Sentra used with 17,000 miles on it. Overall the car runs great! I have had no major problems with it. I especially love the sporty look of the XE.

Could not be worse
By RMan on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Sentra SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

own it 16 months,serviced only in Nissan dealerships,never late for maintenance. result: CD/AM/FM replaced,1 recall-headlamps,sometimes driver door leaks when its raining,shift bulb replaced,back sit leg room for people with no legs,dashboard makes noises,legendary horrible paint job. 11 months after purchase had steering noise-still not fixed.Nissan certified mechanic says supposed to be like that (Sentra"feature"!?). Cust.Service dealership or headquaters THE WORST. Auto trans on SE-slow start even with145hp engine, 4 cyl.Once was driving straight,frontend started vibrating and car started pulling to right-still investigating

Sweet Ride for the Cash
By Bob in the bar on 01/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Sentra SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is not a BMW, but its a great car for the money. If you want reliability, fun, good fuel economy in a affordable and functionaly car, this is the one!

I Hate IT!
By Michelle in AZ on 12/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I spend more money on repairing it, and time fighting about the warranty then I could ever imagine. I would never buy another one. I am not sure I would ever buy another Nissan.