2001 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Reliable
By hueyco on 03/26/11 08:30 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it as salvage in 2003 from flood in Texas, but no mechanical damage. Had the recall for crankshaft sensor back in 2003, but have not have any issue with this 5-speed. With 102K and with no belt to change (vehicle has timing chain) no major expense for that so it saves in this aspect. Hoping to get another 100K? with regular oil changes of course.

Nice Little Car
By Bob22 on 10/14/07 13:42 PM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is the third Sentra I have owned. These are very reliable cars and the gas mileage is great. I get 36 MPG on the highway.

The Best Rice Burner
By sentrarob on 03/15/06 11:24 AM (PST)

Great gas mileage, smooth ride, very peppy 1.8L motoe

2001 Nissan Sentra
By robert lins on 03/14/06 11:26 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is truly one of the best cars I have ever owned. My first two were American ( Chevy Impala and a Plymouth Duster, both pieces of JUNK).

2001 Nissan Senra XE
By ROBERT LINS on 12/24/05 16:04 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Great car, reliable, dependable, and comfortable. The selling dealer tried to cover up cosmetic flaws poorly (they show up now) but overall the car is great. Love the mechanical durability and the timing CHAIN. Wish it had a tachometer.

Best Car
By sarjarm on 08/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Sentra! It's never given me any problems & is very fun to drive. the only complaint I have is that sometimes parts are pricey. But compared to other imports, I guess the price is pretty good. It has very good fuel economy. All around, I give it a 9.5 out of 10

Like my Sentra
By mchown on 06/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a reliable vehicle. I haven't decided whether I will keep it when the lease is up or not. Have had 3 recalls, and the only other maintenance besides normal checkups, is getting front brakes replaced after 3 years. The tires are crummy, they definitely won't last another year, even with changing them over every Canadian winter! The fuel mileage is excellent, and it's a safe and reliable touring car.

Disappointed
By Huck on 08/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

After 3 recalls and repairs, the A/C going out twice, the gas pedal continually sticking even a few thousand miles after it is repaired, passenger window sticking, the CD player being intermitant and the buttons coming off the radio....AAGGHH I think this car was made on a Monday.

Never again car build in Mexico!
By TX on 07/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I got it for my wife in September of 2001. Should have looked more around. 2 recalls, rattling dashboard - fixed, numerous complains about the A/C finally fixed, cannot close the window at 70 miles per hour because of whistling for the rest of the trip. Tires gone after 16000 miles. Very poor craftsmanship.

Excellent car for the price
By CAC83 on 06/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car and never had any problem with it.. always serviced at the dealership. goes from 0 - 60 in 9 seconds if it is 5 speed. the fuel economy is around 28 mpg. In your are serious about buying a compact size car this is the way to go. faster than a civic and a jetta cheppear than a Corolla a jetta or civic. Nissan Sentra is your choice.