2000 Nissan Sentra 1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Piece of foreign junk!!!

2000 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Review

2000 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan

Piece of foreign junk!!!
By Awful luck with cars on

2000 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan

I bought this 5-spd car in Nov. 2008 only because my 93 Buick Centry(oh how I miss you!!!) finally died. So the car was great for the first 5 months, then the battery and alternator died, but i expected this since the car was 8 years old with 101,000 miles on it, so no big deal. a couple of months after that, Mass Airflow Sensor died, then EVAP Sensor, then a coil in 1 of my cylinders, then my struts, springs and strut mounts broke on the driver side....oh yea, and my check engine light is still on!! I've spent about 3k just trying to fix the car so it passed inspection, but after the struts blew, Im done!!! To make things worse...I still owe $2500 on the loan when I bought the car! My luck!

Favorite Features

Fun to drive when it's running! plenty of storage. Handles nicely

Suggested Improvements

Small cupholders, body rots out easily, CD player works when it wants to, engine falls apart, most auto repair shops can't figure out what's wrong when the check engine light is on b/c nissan has weird codes or something like that, just buy a new car if you can!!