2000 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
My little charcoal GXE
By Hraefn on 05/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan

I needed a car in a hurry when my eight-year old Mazda blew up, so I looked at everything available. I found a really great clearance deal on a 2000 GXE, compared power/ weight/price ratios with Mazda, Toyota, and Honda, and bought bought the Nissan. Once I got used to the someone wimpy 5-speed shifter, I fell in love with the car.

This car is excellent!!!
By ANIMEGEE on 05/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Sentra SE 4dr Sedan

I've had this car for about 21 months now & it's been a very fun car. No reliability issues yet, thanks to the mighty reliable SR20DE engine which is also found on the Infiniti G20. I've been up & down the twisty roads of the Angeles National forest in CA several times & I haven't broken anything yet!! I love this car.

Great Commuter Car, not for long haul
By rbb1010 on 05/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan

This car is great for a daily commute in city traffic. The CD stereo (180w 7- speakers) is great to help pass the time, and the gearing is VERY forgiving in stop and go. The gas mileage for a small car leaves much to be desired. I average WELL under the suggested mpg, and I am sure that I am driving just like the average driver. In bad weather this car is VERY dangerous...handled great in snow, but in snow, rain, anything wet...when you try to stop, make sure you have a LOT of distance, or a shoulder!

Squealing/chirping noise
By joe t. on 04/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan

The car has been back to the dealer for 3 different recalls. Also, have had a squealing/chirping noise coming from under the hood. Dealership has replaced the belts, the pulleys that hold the belts, and the alternator. Noise is still there. Seven times to the dealership in a year and a half. Has anyone else had a similar problem to the squealing/chirping noise? Any help would be appreciated.

nissan sentra
By Peter Kahora on 04/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Sentra SE 4dr Sedan

This vehicle served it's purpose, it proveded transportation. The interior noise was quite high at highway speed. The seats were very hard and uncomfortable. The motor provided plenty of pickup and the transmission shifted smoothly. The car is gone now after being hit head on by a DUI driver. The car provided much protection to the driver. Significant front end damage with little interior distortion.

My Research Proves Out
By Driver111 on 04/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Sentra SE 4dr Sedan

I looked at and test drove many cars in the $12k-$15k range, and this one came out the best. After 15k miles, it's been a fantastic choice. Lots of zip and fun to drive. Dash layout is good. Build quality is 100% so far.

Lots of fun to drive w/o spending alot
By Killianinc on 03/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan

We bought our Sentra straight off the truck at the Nissan dealership and have just fell in love with it. It's the perfect car on gas milage and really fun to drive! The only drawback was some vibrating sound in the dash at only 11k miles. Have since traded for a larger Altima. Overall, I've owned 4 Nissans and have had nothing but great service.

An Honest to Goodness 200K car
By joelw1957 on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan

I drive 91 miles (one way) to work. I bought this car for economy and reliability. I expected durability from Nissan. I have 85K miles on this car and have had one repair bill of $116. This car averages 30 mpg in town and 33-37 mpg on the highway (A/C causes the lower number). I have a 20 year-old son and a 17 year-old son. Keeping them out of my car is almost impossible.

2000 Nissan Sentra SE
By Iamme on 03/12/02 18:03 PM (PST)

2000 Nissan Sentra SE 4dr Sedan

If you are looking for a 4dr with better than average performance, decent fuel economy, and "blend in the background" styling. This is an excellent car for the money. I put over 20k miles on mine and love it. I was looking at an A4 or Jetta but at the time they were only putting out 150hp for 1000's more. I love my Sentra SE. I cant speak for the other model levels. Enjoy!!!

Good Car
By Camay on 03/04/02 15:00 PM (PST)

2000 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan

Excellent car for student, wish it didnt have so many little rattles in the door panels. Overall pretty good.