2000 Nissan Sentra XE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

2000 Sentra Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Sort Reviews by

Nissan Sucks
By Never buy a Nissan

2000 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

Letís see where should I begin. My car has been in for service since the first week I got the car. I have had my computer, bearings, AC Pulley, alarm, and numerous other things replaced. Not to mention I have had to put three new tires on the rear left (they all blew!) they cannot seem to get my car in alignment. Not to mention 5 recalls...now have load engine noise that always comes back no matter what they say is wrong. Also, I have had bad experiences with rude service people!

Favorite Features

exterior design

Suggested Improvements

Make sure the car works before it leaves the factory.

Overall a very good car
By JayLaw

2000 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

rode 81000 miles, a very sound car in good weather. corners well for class. I'm a big guy, so i have pissues with room. the excelleration is very good. i've reached 115 MPH performed well. Now the bad. The brakes, while very good, in need of ABS. Stop short, you will skid. the chirping sound when I pull off in the morning, until car warmsup. I have had problems with the dealer and the company. my oil dipstick head broke, and now the stick is in the oil pan of the car. the cost of getting it out is 500. got a bad deal from the dealer, 1st new car, I will know better next time. i will stick with nissan, if i could find a dealership i feel comfortable with

Not Real Happy
By neyedoc

2000 Nissan Sentra Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

The clutch was defective and I keep having to replace different sensors questionably due to engine heat

A perfect start
By jekyll137

2000 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Two years and 20K Mi and it has been great! My wife has a civic VP and she is always taking MY CAR! I have the SE Model and it has tons of gitup-N-Go. This is a great value for someone looking to get into their first car or just tring to find something to get around town with. Only 1 time for a recall, it was done in ten minutes. The biggest downside of this car is that the back seat is only big enough for my two Jack Russell Terriers, My 6 foot tall friend hates it because he is always kneeing me in the back of the chair. Other than that I love it, it was affordable, and it's "peppy." I would reccomed this to anyone, and have!!

Favorite Features

Dashboard storage is a god-send. Excellent Acceleration, a great look make this a great car. Be sure to get the SE model though it is far worth it.

Suggested Improvements

SE model should have standard ABS.

Good car for the money
By doubleplusgood

2000 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

This is my first car, and I really enjoy it. I test drove a few other cars in the class, and I was most sold by the new body style, the little extra performace, and the comfort of the car.

Favorite Features

Comfort and relative performance. Great intro car.

Suggested Improvements

I think it's pretty good overall for the price.

Excellent Sunny Day Car
By stmcki

2000 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

This is a fun car to drive. It's got good get up and go. I like the styling, for a compact car. Great for driving around, when it's nice outside. In bad weather or in emergencies, I'm not so sure about this car. Had to stop suddenly on the freeway, the front end shook violently. I've skidded a couple time on wet road.

Favorite Features

Center console storage. Stereo. Mileage. Pep

Suggested Improvements

Better tires, suspension, something to make it stop solidly.

I love this car!!!!!!
By lisaanne

2000 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used over a year ago and i love it. It has great pick up for a 126 hp 4 speed automatic. It did have about 3 recalls but the dealership did all 3 in one visit. I do have one complaint. There is this chirping/squealing coming from under the hood. Other than that, this is a great car.

Favorite Features

ample storage, comfortable seating, tilt wheel, nice size trunk, gas milage

Suggested Improvements

just a little more rear seat room

best car for the dollar
By mjamesymc

2000 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

After looking for a reliable small sedan under $14,000 we found this fun to drive sporty car for a great price - and we like what we see so far. Best car for the dollar.

Favorite Features

sporty appearance - drives like a sports sedan.

Suggested Improvements

cramped rear seat

Fun to drive
By Wu-lin

2000 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

Thinking of the cost of Nissan Sentra GXE and feel these: From 0 to 45 mph in few sec, no probelm. From 70mph to 90 mph, no problem too. It is so much fun to drive this car. "Everthing you need, nothing you don't"

Favorite Features

I would be happy to see the space got larger at back seat.

Suggested Improvements

I wish that the basic warranty plan should be increased from 36000 miles to 60000mils.

Economical but Fun
By PKristin

2000 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

When I was going to buy a car I was pretty definite I wanted a Honda Civic. My brother convinced me to try other cars and I'm very glad he did. The Sentra has been a pleasant surprise. I love to travel and it is comfortable on long trips and gets great gas mileage. I always average above what the suggested MPG is for the car.

Favorite Features

Dash compartment for shades, tissues, etc.

Suggested Improvements

Lumbar and more room in back seat.