Used 2000 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

after 4 years
By jpmarie

2000 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

Overall, a fine car for my needs (highway driving, short distances). Have had four recalls. Also have noticed the sqeaky fan belt in the mornings. Dealer replaced it once and another place tightened it (already tight) but it still squeals. Wind noise above 65 mph. Brakes are fine for me. Comfortable seats.

Interior design/dash area is nice.

More room for backseat passengers.

Very Happy with the car
By nsentra

2000 Nissan Sentra Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

I only bought this car as this was the only dealer that would give me credit.. but I am very happy with it. Starts well, the driver seat is so comftable I dont need a cushion like I do on many other cars I have driven, it looks good and its FAST - Iv done over 100 in it, very nippy with controlls well laid out altogether a pleasure to drive. The back seats look a little crapmed but I have actually never sat in it as a passenger and none of my passengers have really complained, so it cant be that bad.

This car is so easy to do repairs on you can almost "undress" the plastics without tools! I love that! Engine very quite at idle.

PLEASE dont ever again make a car without intermittent wipers!!! Or without closable fan vents!! I did not notice this at the dealer and would have thought twice if I had. Its very annoying. I also would have liked folding seats, like the Corrola.

great car
By the technician

2000 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

A very good car.50,000 miles and no problems.A little slow off the line with automatic trans but over 60mph it flies.36 mpg highway,no complaints there.can't think of another car in this class I would rather have.I am a mechanic and have seen a lot more problems with Honda and Toyota.I am pleased.

Performance,Fuel mileage

none

good value
By gumby

2000 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

Looked at Toyota, Chevy, and Mazda before deciding on Nissan. Good value for the money. Great MPG. Car comes with all basics, cd, power locks, windows, mirrors. Sentra handles nicely and is peppy for a small car. Fit and finish pretty good also.

Everything is easily in reach, all gaugues easy to read. Lots of little storage compartments for all of your stuff

more room in the rear would be nice. The 60/40 split seat opening should be a litte larger

Excellent car for the money
By theringer

2000 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I got this car new for $15K and have been completely happy with it. I wish I had gotten the moonroof and VLSD, but am satisfied otherwise. The exterior styling is kind of plain, but not bad looking, and is definitely improved by the spoiler. On windy days, especially at highway speeds, I get a strange whining/buzzing sound from behind the center console. No idea what's loose. Absolutely love the handling, and the engine has plenty of oomph. Clutch does slip occasionally.

Great engine and suspension for the $$. Very good quality build inside and out. Good fuel economy. Titanium faced gauges are pretty cool, too.

Very little rear seat leg room. Rear seats could fold down more, and pass-through opening from trunk could be larger.