2000 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
love it
By melissa on 08/26/05 22:11 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan

kind of cramped inside with two kids in the back seat, but otherwise I love this car. Have had it for over 3 years.

Stick with a Honda
By Sentra Money Pit on 08/15/05 13:58 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan

5 recalls and God only knows if they will stop. This does not include sensors that fail and are not part of the recalls most recent sensor failure $137.00 for the sensor and $170.00 for the labor and of course Tax. This car has only 43000 miles.

Used to be better
By flasentra on 06/11/05 21:41 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

I had a 1993 that made it to 178,000 miles but I doubt this one will make it that far. While it looks bigger and has a little more room, the trunk is still too small, and with a pretty much stripped down version, I miss things like intermittant wipers, light in the trunk, better fabric on the seats, cruise control... they make a diff. The plastic on the front headlights on both discolor after two years and visors are crap. Windshield has a lot of scratches. Needs better acceleration/pickup. My big complaint is the service--go for an oil change, they try to sell $$$$ maintenance. I bought an inexpensive car because cash is in an issue, I don't have $$$$ to spend in maintenance.

One Problem After Another
By Scott on 01/25/05 05:16 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

Avoid the 2000 Nissan Sentra at all cost. I have already put a new transmission in and just spent around $1,000 to get an inspection sticker. I found out that the car was assembled in Mexico. I will never buy another Nissan.

Never again!
By Buy a Civic Instead on 11/06/04 17:59 PM (PST)

2000 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car brand new from the dealership. So far I have had 5 recalls and numerous other problems. I, like many of you, have heard that "chirping noise" that the belts make. I was told that it is normal. Ok, so I have an annoyingly noisey car. I can deal with that. What I could not "deal" with was that the catalyic converter and the PCM (the car's computer) both went out. Just to let you all know, they ARE covered by the Federal Emmisions Warranty of 8yr/80,000 mile. However, the dealership (not the one I bought it at) had me spend over $800 in unnecessary repairs.Long story made short, I traded in my unreliable deathtrap of a Sentra for a reliable safe Civic.

after 4 years
By jpmarie on 05/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan

Overall, a fine car for my needs (highway driving, short distances). Have had four recalls. Also have noticed the sqeaky fan belt in the mornings. Dealer replaced it once and another place tightened it (already tight) but it still squeals. Wind noise above 65 mph. Brakes are fine for me. Comfortable seats.

Very Happy with the car
By nsentra on 04/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

I only bought this car as this was the only dealer that would give me credit.. but I am very happy with it. Starts well, the driver seat is so comftable I dont need a cushion like I do on many other cars I have driven, it looks good and its FAST - Iv done over 100 in it, very nippy with controlls well laid out altogether a pleasure to drive. The back seats look a little crapmed but I have actually never sat in it as a passenger and none of my passengers have really complained, so it cant be that bad.

great car
By the technician on 04/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Sentra SE 4dr Sedan

A very good car.50,000 miles and no problems.A little slow off the line with automatic trans but over 60mph it flies.36 mpg highway,no complaints there.can't think of another car in this class I would rather have.I am a mechanic and have seen a lot more problems with Honda and Toyota.I am pleased.

good value
By gumby on 01/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan

Looked at Toyota, Chevy, and Mazda before deciding on Nissan. Good value for the money. Great MPG. Car comes with all basics, cd, power locks, windows, mirrors. Sentra handles nicely and is peppy for a small car. Fit and finish pretty good also.

Excellent car for the money
By theringer on 08/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Sentra SE 4dr Sedan

I got this car new for $15K and have been completely happy with it. I wish I had gotten the moonroof and VLSD, but am satisfied otherwise. The exterior styling is kind of plain, but not bad looking, and is definitely improved by the spoiler. On windy days, especially at highway speeds, I get a strange whining/buzzing sound from behind the center console. No idea what's loose. Absolutely love the handling, and the engine has plenty of oomph. Clutch does slip occasionally.