2000 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Just a great car that keeps going
By obx808 on 03/18/13 06:17 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Bought this car new in April 2000. Here I am 13 years & 190K miles later to tell all about it. Repairs have been few & far between. Lets see - 3 starters (weak spot on these cars), a MAF, a thermostat, a clutch (150K miles on original), both drive axles, an alternator and a water pump. Not bad considering the mileage. Engine still pulls strong and burns/leaks no oil. Manual trans shifts quietly & smoothly. All the power accessories (windows, locks, sunroof, etc.) still work - as does the AC. Overall, the car is aging quite nicely - I plan on keeping it for a few more years. Why replace something that works so well?

I can't believe it's been 10 years!
By Still going! on 09/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I purchased my SE w/ perform pck in August 2000 new with 23 miles. It now has over 210k! (I still have the window sticker:O) It's always been fun to drive and it has all the features I could have wanted. In 10 years it's never left me stranded, never not started and never stuck in the snow. And up until about 1 1/2 yr ago it rarely needed anything other than routine maint (and a couple O2 sensors!). Now it has a small oil leak, and some annoying issues: Cd player died, spare tire well fills w/water if driving while raining and heat shield cannot be fixed-it vibrates off exhaust pipe, etc. But I still love this car!

Lemon
By HRDEDD on 12/07/08 19:48 PM (PST)

2000 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used and had a great time for maybe the first year. My check engine light has been on for years. It says my catalytic converter needs to be replaced. I paid for an expensive fix getting a new catalytic converter and the check engine light is still on and still reading the same thing. My uncle didn't even believe it was my catalytic converter because there was not burning hot air coming out of my muffler. The car seems to run fine with the check engine light always on so after many trips to various auto repair shops I have basically given up and just drive it as is. The car is small which was great for me back in college but having a family in the car is hard.

Long Term Reliability Issues
By dissentrapointment on 09/13/08 11:50 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I purchased my SE in 2000, with great excitement when it was first released. I took care of it very well. However, after 8 years and 108000 miles later I am highly disappointed in Nissan. I had to change my alternator at 70K, A/C malfunctions at 75K, and most importantly check engine light is on since 85K and can not be figured out why. Fixes are always temporary and its a chronic problem with this model year. Car has lost its appeal as well is its agility and power due to these problems. I would not buy another Nissan again.

Reliable Nissan
By stewby on 05/26/06 16:19 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I bought my SE automatic used and now have over 83,000 miles on it. The horn quit working (broken wire in steering column) and an emission valve failed. That's been it. Not even a bulb. I just do normal maintenance on the car. This is the best car I've owned.

great car
By the technician on 04/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

A very good car.50,000 miles and no problems.A little slow off the line with automatic trans but over 60mph it flies.36 mpg highway,no complaints there.can't think of another car in this class I would rather have.I am a mechanic and have seen a lot more problems with Honda and Toyota.I am pleased.

Excellent car for the money
By theringer on 08/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I got this car new for $15K and have been completely happy with it. I wish I had gotten the moonroof and VLSD, but am satisfied otherwise. The exterior styling is kind of plain, but not bad looking, and is definitely improved by the spoiler. On windy days, especially at highway speeds, I get a strange whining/buzzing sound from behind the center console. No idea what's loose. Absolutely love the handling, and the engine has plenty of oomph. Clutch does slip occasionally.

I love this car!
By kymountains on 08/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Excellent car for the dollar. I feel like I am driving an expensive piece of equipment. The engine has a lot of power and it handles like a dream. I have the sports package with the 16" tires and the rear spoiler which makes this car look "SHARP"! Great car and one of the best purchases I have ever made. Nissan has made a name for themselves.

56,300 miles & not a single problem yet!
By SR20DE MAN on 04/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

This is one of the most reliable cars that I have ever bought. I redline the engine quite often & it still runs like brand new. It pulls fairly strong for a 2 liter engine. It also sips gas. About 25 MPG city & 32 MPG highway. The suspension is pretty firm. Too bad that they discontinued the SE in 2002.

Wonderful over all.
By ZoliElo on 04/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Overall a wonderful car. Quick, reliable, and stylish. Quick do to the legandary SR20De engine. Reliable because of good build quality. And stylish in that it has a mini Maxima car feel to it. Having been a crash in this car I am definitely recommend its safety.