2000 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Great Car
By Great Car on 06/23/09 16:50 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new at the end of 2001. Because it was an XE with a 5sp manual it was still on the lot. For the first 100k it had very few problems, and they were covered under warranty. A new catalytic converter and a fuel pump were all that went wrong. The clutch lasted until 115k. Now that I have 140k on it, I've had to replace the rack and pinon steering and needed some engine repairs for rough idling. Overall, I love this car and for the mileage it has needed few repairs.

I love Sally the Sentra
By aubreym on 10/02/08 16:19 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

I bought Sally the Sentra the summer after I graduated high school. It has been 5 years and I have not had one single complaint! It gets excellent gas mileage, it is fun to drive, still peppy even with 100,000 miles on it. There was a recall on it right after I got it, and when it was fixed it got better mileage than the sticker said. I would keep it forever, we just need something a little roomier.

Used to be better
By flasentra on 06/11/05 21:41 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

I had a 1993 that made it to 178,000 miles but I doubt this one will make it that far. While it looks bigger and has a little more room, the trunk is still too small, and with a pretty much stripped down version, I miss things like intermittant wipers, light in the trunk, better fabric on the seats, cruise control... they make a diff. The plastic on the front headlights on both discolor after two years and visors are crap. Windshield has a lot of scratches. Needs better acceleration/pickup. My big complaint is the service--go for an oil change, they try to sell $$$$ maintenance. I bought an inexpensive car because cash is in an issue, I don't have $$$$ to spend in maintenance.

One Problem After Another
By Scott on 01/25/05 05:16 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

Avoid the 2000 Nissan Sentra at all cost. I have already put a new transmission in and just spent around $1,000 to get an inspection sticker. I found out that the car was assembled in Mexico. I will never buy another Nissan.

Very Happy with the car
By nsentra on 04/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

I only bought this car as this was the only dealer that would give me credit.. but I am very happy with it. Starts well, the driver seat is so comftable I dont need a cushion like I do on many other cars I have driven, it looks good and its FAST - Iv done over 100 in it, very nippy with controlls well laid out altogether a pleasure to drive. The back seats look a little crapmed but I have actually never sat in it as a passenger and none of my passengers have really complained, so it cant be that bad.

far better than anticipated
By ion on 03/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

88,000 miles and nary a problem. I love the handling, the speed the growl of the motor. I have outmaneuvered many more powerful and supposedly better handling vehicles with the expectant higher price tag all over the Rockies and the Sierras, as ell as PCH up to Frisco. I have 205s but will change them back to 195s as the difference is only minimal.

Not Real Happy
By neyedoc on 08/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

The clutch was defective and I keep having to replace different sensors questionably due to engine heat