1999 Nissan Sentra Consumer Review: What an awesome car!!

1999 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Review

GXE Sedan (1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

What an awesome car!!
By Jeremy27 on

1999 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan

I don't think it's possible for a car to be any more reliable. I bought it in 2000 with 34k on it. 4 years, 76,000 miles later, and not a single problem. Not one! Oil changes, and new tires are all that has been required. This little car has gone from Wisconsin to Montana and back, Wisconsin to New Mexico and back, and numerous trips to and from Colorado, once pulling a U-Haul trailer! I have been more than happy with my Nifty the Nissan. Does lack power, but with manual transmission, you can just shift 'er down for that extra get up... unless the A/C is on.... then power is simply not an option.

Reliability, gas milage (constantly in the mid to 30's), and more reliability. I recomend the manual- much more fun be able to control what power the car does have. Did I mention 110k miles, and not a single problem? To me, that is outstanding.

Having to turn the A/C off to successfully pass someone is a dangerous lesson to learn on your own. Also, the cup holders are ridiculous, as any coffee mug will regularly push the stereo buttons, if it even fits in the holder in the first place..