1999 Nissan Sentra Consumer Review: This Model Lives Up

1999 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Review

This Model Lives Up
By Nat on

1999 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 1999 Nissan GXE new right off the lot. It handled great and fit my budget plus the warranty was decent. I added a rear spoiler and a nose mask to give it a somewhat sportier look. Other than basic maintenance (oil changes, new tires, etc.) I have yet to be let down by this car. And it has traveled quit a bit from state-to-state! Only issues: I had water leaking onto the front passenger driving mats when it rained heavily and the driver side power window died around 50000 miles. Neither was a major problem to fix. Most recently the key started sticking in the trunk (65000 miles) and the driver side visor broke (80000) but those are not major or costly issues to deal with.

The reliability! I have never felt nervous or uncertain about taking this car anywhere. As long as I take care of it, it takes me where I have to go.

The cup holder is very poorly designed and can interfere with playing CDs or the radio. Also, the this car has a lack of pick-up power that is most noticable when going up-hill.