1999 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
180K and going
By red chocobo on 05/21/08 12:19 PM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Sentra SE Limited 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used 2003, 91K and now I added 90K to it. Mean time, I took the car to the shop maybe 10 times or so. aircondition circuit $30, starter $200, PW window switch $100, exhaust leak 3 times, 250, front O2 $60. That is about it. Never stopped running, never fail to start, great for gas, and note that this care is the easiest car to change the oil filter. I do not think many people are interested in buying 99 sentra now, but I must say that you shuold by a manual shift, it goes OK over 2000 RPM, but if you really want to drive, you need to control the engine rev over 4000.

Small But With a Punch
By TheRussian on 01/16/07 17:17 PM (PST)

1999 Nissan Sentra SE Limited 4dr Sedan

What can I say that would truly state what I think about this car? Small but fun! I got this car over my 200sx (1.6l engine). Reliable car, safe (well unless the driver makes it not so safe). The paint job is pretty good, I like the nice blue color of this car. Front looks good except for the grill, which is new for 1999 model. This car has nice stock rims and side skirts, looks great! I stuck a cold air intake, made the car sound like a v8 mustang :). I would like sticking more stuff in so that people would be surprised at what this "grandma car" can do. It could use a little more horses, but it will still take any civic/corolla :). Highly suggested car!

Sentra SE Limited
By Jacob Dodge on 02/28/06 21:25 PM (PST)

1999 Nissan Sentra SE Limited 4dr Sedan

The Sentra has been an ok little car. The alternator died once, leaving me stranded. Both keys have broken, one is still in the trunklid. Front passenger window motor is going dead. Eject button broke off of cd player. Muffler rusted apart. Also, just recently, the fan speed selector only works on 4, 1-3 do nothing. Despite those problems, it is still faster than my freinds Civic and Corolla. It has a sunroof, which I am ever thankful for. And keyless entry, and white faced gauges. And fog lights. The Sentra now has 140,000 miles on it, with me putting around 40,000 miles/year on it. Considering this, I think the car is holding up rather well.

Great Car
By GEM-NEY on 12/01/04 11:56 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Sentra SE Limited 4dr Sedan

My 1999 Nissan Sentra has been a great car. I use it to commute to work and school. I have been getting great mileage. If you are familiar with the Bay Area, I can make it from San Jose to San Francisco and back on only a quarter tank of gas. This is a very comfortable car.

fast and fun
By Randon on 05/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Sentra SE Limited 4dr Sedan

This car is fun to drive and very quick for what it is. It is a very reliable vehicle. No problem passing when needed as it is very responsive and quick.

Nice little car...
By t12345 on 04/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Sentra SE Limited 4dr Sedan

In 75000 miles I have not put one dollar in non-maintenance repairs. Solid, fairly large subcompact car that handles well with nice performance and good fuel economy.

great except for cupholder
By my alias on 03/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Sentra SE Limited 4dr Sedan

Love the car. Quick for pretty cheap. Very reliable. It has soft tires-great for grip, bad for longetivity and expensive.

1999 Nisan Sentra
By jayson on 02/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Sentra SE Limited 4dr Sedan

good review needs little bit lower in rear. needs bigger engine for kinda heavy car

Great Car
By schmotty on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Nissan Sentra SE Limited 4dr Sedan

I'll keep it short. The only thing I don't like is the location of the cupholder. And this is because, if using the cupholder, the CD/Tape/AM/FM stereo constantly gets turned off and on while shifting (5-speed). This wouldn't be a problem with an automatic, but in that case, the car would not be near as fun to drive. -=0D

Fun Little SR20DE
By remintin on 05/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Nissan Sentra SE Limited 4dr Sedan

Wonderful car, with a peppy fun little 4cyl engine. With performance modifications this car is a screamer.