1998 Nissan Sentra Consumer Review: This car is a great workhorse!

1998 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Review

This car is a great workhorse!!!
By john c andrade on

1998 Nissan Sentra SE 4dr Sedan

I've found that Nissan consistently puts out a great car for the money. Before I purchased my 1998 Nissan Sentra SE, I had a 1993 Nissan SE-R which got 238,000 miles before it got, for all intents & purposes, totalled. I had a 5-speed and I was still on my original clutch!!!My SE currently has 254,000 miles on it and, again, I'm still on my original clutch!!!Pretty amazing,huh!!!My maintenance costs have been very low for this car-- besides gas & oil,I don't think that I've spent more than $2000 total since I bought the car.

My favorite features have to be the following:--great reliability --relatively low maintenance costs --one heck of an engine!!! --a very fun to drive car

Better padded seats-I wore through my driver's seat.Needs longer seat belts.Also,the floor mats should come with the car--not as a $75.00 option.I wore through the carpeting on my driver side.Power to cigarette lighter is option.Power should be standard- for cell phone chargers,etc.