1998 Nissan Sentra 1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - GREAT, RELIABLE CAR

1998 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Review

GREAT, RELIABLE CAR
By sentrauser on

1998 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan

I am original owner of a 1998 Nissan Sentra GXE and have put 180,000 miles on it over the past 11 years (I was 21). Back seat is tight, but have used this car going back and forth to school and work (45 minutes each way every day) for a long time and have hardley had any work done to it. Recently replaced the starter and alternator and the body needs help around the tires, but I DEFINITELY got my money's worth and believe it would still last another few years if I got the rust fixed. I'm sad to see it go, now that I'm looking to trade it in for a bigger, more family-friendly vehicle. My husband even wishes he purchased a similar vehicle years ago instead of his fancy Chrysler Sebring.

Favorite Features

Comfortable driver's seat (cloth seats), no major blind spots, reliable and economical car - fuel efficient! Great car for single person just driving back and forth to work/school (have a 2nd, larger vehicle for family trips). Passenger ok, and only occasional back seat passengers.

Suggested Improvements

Back seat if tight - no tall people allowed. This is a tough car for families...a full-size stroller fills the entire trunk, so with a diaper bag and a couple toys in the back seat, the car is full!