1998 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Standard Econobox
By Snakey on 11/16/05 03:17 AM (PST)

1998 Nissan Sentra Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for 3 years, well just over, and it has been a great car for me (read: college student, poor, etc.) I put 64k miles on it in the first two years and with basic maintenance it's been wonderfully reliable, starts every time and stops just as well. Here are the negs: not very peppy, even with a manual and after-market intake (had to try SOMETHING to speed it up!), the interior is noisy at 70MPH+ but that's expected, cup holders are self defeating as they block radio and climate control, STD comes with NO frills, and I mean NONE! Oh, and the stereo bracket might as well have been made for stereo theives, so easy to take. Good car for college and High School students.

best bang for your buck
By therupster on 07/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Nissan Sentra Sedan 4dr Sedan

We bought this car in '98. No A/C, no power anything. Put in our own radio three times and going on the fourth (stolen). I don't agree that it has much pep. But it is very reliable. I just put in a new battery, and probably only spent $450 on it in 5 years (including tires and brakes -- not including other regular maintainance and theft repair). Great car, easy to work on, and generally cheap parts. I get 40 miles/gallon when we drive out East.