1998 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
This car is a great workhorse!!!
By john c andrade on 01/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I've found that Nissan consistently puts out a great car for the money. Before I purchased my 1998 Nissan Sentra SE, I had a 1993 Nissan SE-R which got 238,000 miles before it got, for all intents & purposes, totalled. I had a 5-speed and I was still on my original clutch!!!My SE currently has 254,000 miles on it and, again, I'm still on my original clutch!!!Pretty amazing,huh!!!My maintenance costs have been very low for this car-- besides gas & oil,I don't think that I've spent more than $2000 total since I bought the car.

Decent power and good handling
By efenwick on 07/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I have the automatic and have no problem accelerating to speed on the freeways, even with passengers and air on. The air conditioning is nice and cold. I drove on a 7% grade in the mountains with 3 heavy poeple in the car including myself and was easily able to keep it at 50mph in 2nd gear. The temp. didn't go up at all either.It also handles easily with the power steering. The looks aren't spectacular but they are contemporary still and have some personality. Probably the best feature will be the reliability of the car.

Excellent, affordable transport
By Shermalomous on 04/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Five years and running with no major problems. It's a compact car, but 4 or five fit easily. The mileage has averaged about 28 mpg in mixed use, but over 30 when strictly on the highway. The best thing about this car? It's never needed work. Oil changes, regular tune-ups, tires. Nothing else. Highly recommended.

98' Sentra SE - A fun little car
By PetersNCSU on 03/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

The Nissan Sentra SE is a sporty little sedan with good power and handling. It's basicly identical to the famous 200sx SE-R of that year with the exception of the extra two doors that making the Sentra the more practical of the two. I bought it used only three months ago but so far I am very pleased with the performance and value I got for the price.

Good Buy
By Stu Man on 03/18/02 11:31 AM (PST)

1998 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

No problems in 4 years and 38,000 miles...nock on wood. And I drive it hard.