Used 1998 Nissan Sentra SE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

This car is a great workhorse!!!
By john c andrade

1998 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I've found that Nissan consistently puts out a great car for the money. Before I purchased my 1998 Nissan Sentra SE, I had a 1993 Nissan SE-R which got 238,000 miles before it got, for all intents & purposes, totalled. I had a 5-speed and I was still on my original clutch!!!My SE currently has 254,000 miles on it and, again, I'm still on my original clutch!!!Pretty amazing,huh!!!My maintenance costs have been very low for this car-- besides gas & oil,I don't think that I've spent more than $2000 total since I bought the car.

My favorite features have to be the following:--great reliability --relatively low maintenance costs --one heck of an engine!!! --a very fun to drive car

Better padded seats-I wore through my driver's seat.Needs longer seat belts.Also,the floor mats should come with the car--not as a $75.00 option.I wore through the carpeting on my driver side.Power to cigarette lighter is option.Power should be standard- for cell phone chargers,etc.

Decent power and good handling
By efenwick

1998 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I have the automatic and have no problem accelerating to speed on the freeways, even with passengers and air on. The air conditioning is nice and cold. I drove on a 7% grade in the mountains with 3 heavy poeple in the car including myself and was easily able to keep it at 50mph in 2nd gear. The temp. didn't go up at all either.It also handles easily with the power steering. The looks aren't spectacular but they are contemporary still and have some personality. Probably the best feature will be the reliability of the car.

Peppy engine, good handling, strong power brakes, air conditioning, sound system, lumbar supports on front bucket seats, roomy trunk.

Smoother shifting under acceleration, more rear passenger room.

Excellent, affordable transport
By Shermalomous

1998 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Five years and running with no major problems. It's a compact car, but 4 or five fit easily. The mileage has averaged about 28 mpg in mixed use, but over 30 when strictly on the highway. The best thing about this car? It's never needed work. Oil changes, regular tune-ups, tires. Nothing else. Highly recommended.

Value. Reliability. Fiesty engine (go with the SE's bigger engine if possible). Good mileage.

Tires -- they wore out quickly and are odd-sized and therefore expensive to replace. Cupholder blocks stereo. A few rattles here and there.

98' Sentra SE - A fun little car
By PetersNCSU

1998 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

The Nissan Sentra SE is a sporty little sedan with good power and handling. It's basicly identical to the famous 200sx SE-R of that year with the exception of the extra two doors that making the Sentra the more practical of the two. I bought it used only three months ago but so far I am very pleased with the performance and value I got for the price.

Sporty 2.0L high reving engine, fog lights, sunroof (probably not included with on all vehicles), white face gauges, and speed sensitive steering.

No cupholders, shifter is a little tall.

Good Buy
By Stu Man

1998 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

No problems in 4 years and 38,000 miles...nock on wood. And I drive it hard.

Great handling, without sacrifising comfort. Quick precise stearing. Awesome engine...it will last forever and has 140hp(back in 98 that was allot for a Japanese vehicle).