Used 1998 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Not Incredibly Memorable One Way Or The Other
By Patti

1998 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

My dad gave me this car because he was hoping a free car would motivate me to learn to drive a stick shift. It did. I got it from him at about 90k, drove it till 125k. I know he had to have some sort of major engine overhaul done to it. I never had any major problems, just routine maintenance. It got excellent fuel economy, 30+, and had good shifting and acceleration. It was a very small car, sometimes uncomfortably small. I did get hit in it, rear-ended at about 45mph. I was okay, just shaken up a bit, airbags didn't deploy or anything. Car was still drivable, back crunched in a bit, insurance totalled it. After that, I was that guy with the trunk strapped down with a bungee cord.

Love This Car
By i2ancid

1998 Nissan Sentra Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car when i was 16 for $600 at 223k miles i drove it pretty hard as it is my first car (floor it from stand still, top it out at 100mph on high way, take turns hard.) 4 years later, iv added 50k miles to it and it still runs great regular tune ups, tires, oil changes, and the only thing iv replaced is the starter, wrong with the car is the CV boot rips easily but i think that's cosmetic. i recommend this car to anyone that needs a cheap RELIABLE car.

Wow this car is AMAZING!!
By blingbling1

1998 Nissan Sentra Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

I bought this used around 170k from a family member that took very good care of it. I have put 40k on it and its still going strong. Things that have been changed on it are the starter and alternator and regular oil changes. I trust this car to get me ANYWHERE!!! It has been in two wrecks since Ive had it, both not my fault. The last bent the trunk in and the insurance comp. wants to total it :(
. Im going to fight for this car to get it fixed because its the most reliable car ive owned. I drove this car from missouri to florida 2 times now without any incidences. Clear coat is coming offf but what can you expect. I love this car!!!

Reliability, comfort (front seat), ac never dies on these things, does great in ice and snow,

dang cupholders thats it

OMG What a great little car
By jobfisher

1998 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

I brought my first 1996 nissan sentra GXE about 5 years ago.....for about $3500. It has been the best car that I have owned. Went everywhere and without complaint. took the best care of my baby. could fit both of my tall sons in the back with room. When i finally blew a head gasket last week I considered getting something else but my car guy said that he had the same make and model just 2 years newer and for under $2000.00 he would take my old and give me new.....I took it. My son wanted me to get a volvo that he had on the lot but I saw the 98 and it was not even an option. I had to have the nissan. Now I have my baby 2.0. My car guy will fix the 96 and sell it for a profit. WIN WIN!!!

It does not feel like I am driving a tank. I love the gas mileage. One tank last me over a week. Like my phone, the most important part of my life. Care is the easiest. Oil and plugs are the most simplest to change that a five year can do it. Easy to retro fit after market radio so that I can hook up my mp3. Absolutely no major problem until last week and even that is able to fix. My car guy is the greatest.

I would change nothing! everything is perfect!

Made to last!!!
By niss4eva

1998 Nissan Sentra Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

I loved this car!!! I brought it with 76k miles in 2004 and paid $3000.
I had to replace the starter and the radiator.
Other then that I gas and went! No oil changes, tune ups, NOTHING for the entire 8 years I had the car!! And I drove it to 225k miles and I sold it for $600 to a mechanic that drives it daily!!

How great it was on gas!

Nothing!