What a Car!
By Bret Bowman on
1997 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan
I'm preparing to put 185,000 miles on my 97 Sentra and it still drives like almost new. I do need to change the struts, tie rod ends, and a few other minor things, but after 185,000 miles you expect to need to do that. It's been the most reliable car I've ever owned and was cheap to purchase when it was one year old. I installed a remote start alarm with windows roll up modules, a decent stereo and it's now a fun car to drive. I love this car and how reliable it is. I especially love that it has a timing CHAIN (not belt). Not sure why any auto maker is still using timing belts. Thank you Nissan for quality vehicle that lasts and lasts!
Favorite Features
Low overall gas mileage, peppy engine (1.6L), reliable (starts every time), still feels like new car after 185,000 miles, easy to maintain and repair, and takes a lot of abuse and still drives like a well cared for car.
Suggested Improvements
Ride could be more comfortable. Interior is very noisy (especially on highway). Perhaps insulate doors and cabin area of vehicle. Body is starting to rust a little in minor, less visible areas. Would be nice to have better rust prevention at manufacturing stage.