Great Workhorse! Fuel Efficient!
By Raj on
1997 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan
I've been the original owner of this impressive & amazingly reliable car. It's taken me through school, camping, and long road trips accumulating 232,000 miles. Apart from the routine tires, battery, and brakepads I've only had to replace the alternator & starter within the last 30,000 miles. That means this baby took me 200,000 miles before I had to do anything more than replace the oil!! I've outgrown it now and need a truck for the stuff I like to haul around, but I sure wish I could keep it for my routine commutes as the gas mileage is fantastic getting 30-33mpg in city. Nissan did good when they sent this one off the production line.
Favorite Features
Reliable, Fuel Efficient, Low Maintainence & Repairs, Ice cold A/C to whip the Texas summers, Large trunk capacity made even more so with the split folding rear seats and if you fold the passenger seat forward you can transport huge items in this car like a big roll of carpet, which I've done.
Suggested Improvements
Could use better acceleration but then again having more acceleration would likely lower the gas mileage which I love so much. Plus, all in all, I've transported furniture, carpet, 4x8 plywood strapped to the roof during hurricane season & Christmas trees strapped to the roof with same reliability.