1997 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
starting to go!
By bianchi on 04/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

My sentra has been wonderful up until 120,000 miles. Check eng. light has been on for 3 years and as I get one thing fixed the light comes on again. Given up, just put in 2 new sensors the Mass Air sensor and the Map sensor both were very costly, over 1,000 dollars combined. Check eng. light still on. The car is losing power on hills and when the AC is running. The eng. now is beginning to make a ratteling noise it was fixed before when I put in the new sensors. The car has over 150,000 miles and over all I haven't put very much money into it. I will not put any more money into it either. When it dies it's gone. Over all it's been a great car!

My Nissan Sentra
By Yaasika on 03/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

For a little car, it does really well. I've owned it for about 4.5 years and my car has treated me more than great. I bought the car used from a dealer with almost 17K miles. I kept up routine maintenance, but I didn't get my first tune up until 106K miles. I just put in a new alternator at about 120K miles. I still have the same muffler, all the power windows/locks still work. I haven't had any major repairs. Driving this car has been a joy & surprisingly low maintenence. I would definately buy another Nissan product (I've out grown the Sentra). All in all, I love my little car!

Sentra
By John Mevalani on 02/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

This car is so reliable, surprising power, fuel economic (twin cams). this car is also very underrated (as good or even better than a civic which is also overrated).

Nice Compact Car
By franksentra on 02/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

Solid and relible, small outside but big inside, good driving experience. Very practical even not attractive from outside

Awesome Car!!!
By Tenisrunner05 on 01/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

This car is the best car I have ever driven. This is my first car and I am going to keep for a very long time. Very fun to drive. Very smooth ride and no complaints.

pricing
By preda on 09/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Nissan Sentra Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

I am very pleased with this car but i just want to know how much doed it worth after 5 years with such low mileage.

great car
By Diane on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Nissan Sentra Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

I purchased my sentra due to nissan's reputation. I previously owned an older model that I purchased with 90,000 miles on it. I drove it for 4 years and put got rid of it at 169,000 miles. The only maitenence that I did was a clutch that was just preventative, tires, and brakes.

great car
By diane on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Nissan Sentra Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

It won't ever let you down
By NissanFanatic on 06/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

Engine-wise, this car is exremely reliable. However, the rest of the vehicle is aging quickly. So far both sun visors have broken, the treble button on the radio comes off, and just recently one of the power window buttons broke. These are all minor things in my opinion, but they can become annoying. The paint quality also appears to be poor; it's very easily scratched. Also, the seats are highly uncomfortable on long trips. As long as you can tolerate little problems like these and appreciate the reliability this car has to offer, then I would recommend this car to anyone starting off or on a budget.

Sentra-97 Performance Review
By Niaz Khwaja on 06/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

It is a good comfortable vehicle. Runs very smooth. Engine has no problem. Fuel pump is noisy.