1997 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Not so good
By Danielle on 04/18/07 20:39 PM (PDT)

1997 Nissan Sentra Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car in 2000 with 30,000 miles on it. About 3.5 years into having the car, the check engine light went on and stayed on. It doesn't really give me a problem and it goes off in the winter and back on in the summer. I've had to replace a lot on this car though. I've replaced the brakes about 4 times, the fan belt twice, the starter once, the fuel pump once and the MAP sensor once. I don't know if the car is garbage or if I just drive it hard. I do know that I wouldn't buy another Nissan Sentra, it served it's purpose at 19 years old, but now being 26 I've grown tired of it's lack of power and size. It's now up to 108,000 and when it dies there will be no more repairs.

I can't stand this car any longer!!!
By tortured on 02/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Nissan Sentra Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

Well whenever I try to go up a hill with this car, it goes at about 10 mph, unless I floor it...and in that case, it just makes the car do this weird thing where it feels like it's being thrusted by the gear shift. It has a very noticable shift(I have an automatic), and it feels very unstable on the highway. I mean, the car works, but not well, in my opinion.

pricing
By preda on 09/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Nissan Sentra Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

I am very pleased with this car but i just want to know how much doed it worth after 5 years with such low mileage.