Used 1997 Nissan Sentra Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Bad Rear Struts
By frank

1997 Nissan Sentra Sedan 4dr Sedan

We bought this car for a teenaged daughter, it had a very rough first sixty thousand miles. The woman who owned it hit everything in her way. We bought her cheap, replaced 3 bent wheels, a bent back axle, light body work, lots was already done. I replaced an alternator at 98 thousand, and just replaced my third set of rear struts also replacing the springs this time. Hopefully to change my luck. The car runs nice for what it is.

Reliability and gas mileage.

A little wider seat, we're not all 145 lbs.

Good Car
By Toni23

1997 Nissan Sentra Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought the car new in '97, it has 67,000 miles, and it still is as reliable as the first day I bought it. The only thing that has failed (major or minor) is the ingnition coil in my distributor, which I was told is a freak occurance in any car. The only major drawback with this car is it's lack of power which can get frusterating when accelerating uphill or passing cars.

Great suspension - the perfect blend of sportyness without being jaring. Excellent manual transmision, Great fit and finish, Comfortable seats, Excellent ergonomics, Great reliability, And good gas mileage.

More powerful engine, Better cup holders - when used, the cups are in the way of my radio. Belts tend to squeal even when cleaned or replaced. I've been told by a Nissan mechanic that this is a common problem with Sentras.

NISSAN IS GREEEAAAT!!!