1996 Nissan Sentra Consumer Review: Fantastic Car

1996 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Review

Fantastic Car
By DoubleA on

1996 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan

This was the first car my wife and I bought together. Got it from a second owner 8 years ago with 72,000 miles on it for $3,000. It's had all new gaskets, brakes/rotors, rebuilt transmission (I think a mechanic loosened the plug and it dropped out while driving), starter. The thing is with all that I've only put about $3,000 more into it to keep it going for this long. It just won't die. Now I'm in northern Michigan and I want a Subaru for the winters. This thing is a manual and gets 40 mpg, yes 40 and on all highway driving I've gotten up to 43mpg. It's now at 188,000 miles and it's good for at least another 30 or 40,000 more. Finding a new owner for it will be bitter sweet.

mpg, it won't die, cheap on repairs (I had torn CV boots and it would cost about $120 to get just the boots replaced or $230 for all NEW front axles on both sides) oh yeah it has brand new front axles now too.

well it's hard to accelerate with the AC on but who cares with 40 mpg, I just laugh and let the gas guzzler SUV's pass me by, there just aren't any real improvements you can make, my in laws have a 2000 GXE and mine is way better, just a great car.