1996 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
my 1st car ever bought, out of 4 today!
By daddy-danny on 10/09/08 14:18 PM (PDT)

1996 Nissan Sentra Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

Despite the fact that it was and still is a dull car, it was a ride or die! I bought this car for 1700 dollars, with 180,000 miles on it. It saved so much gas, and rode like a boss. I went to the bay area 3 times, and what not. But now that it has 230,000 miles, this car has faced a bit of problems. The catalytic converter is messed up, so it wont pass smog. But overall, this car has proved itself. I never had a tran problem, nor engine problem. It still turns on without hesitation, and still rides hard. I will always love the car for the memories I put in it, and the reliability.

Great car
By wd on 07/29/08 16:35 PM (PDT)

1996 Nissan Sentra Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

This is a reliable vehicle that gets good mileage (33 mpg highway). It's dependable and also handles well. Overdrive provides decent acceleration for its size. It's a good commuter vehicle.

Old reliable
By Chris on 05/04/07 22:47 PM (PDT)

1996 Nissan Sentra Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

Bought this car new, and as of 2007 it's still going. I got it when money was tight, and have never regretted it. It's not fast, but it can be fun to drive. At 183,000 miles, it's not perfect. I replaced the ECU (computer) early on, and it's needed 2 alternators for some reason. I got a clutch at 150,000. I replaced the shocks around 120,000. Other than that it's just oil changes and brake pads. The seats are worn, the body's dinged, the paint's worn off the wipers and a few other spots, the rear defrost turns itself off, the headlight lenses are dim, the radio display is spotty, and the buttons are sticky from the poorly-placed cup holder, but it starts every morning and off we go!

Uber-econobox
By Nissan believer on 10/18/05 12:58 PM (PDT)

1996 Nissan Sentra Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

Bought it new and have used it in many roles including commuter, truck and family transport. Have driven it hard with very little problems (clutch, alternator, O2 sensor) and now have 200,000 miles on it. Has plenty of zip with a 5-speed and still gets 40 miles per gallon on the highway. I've tried to get rid of it before but just can't part with it as it continues to provide outstanding service.

Reliable
By sunnyface5 on 05/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Nissan Sentra Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this veh 3yrs ago with 75,000 miles - I now have 170,000. With regular oil changes, maintenance, this car has gotten me though difficult times

Little Econobox
By sky1 on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Nissan Sentra Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

Mine's a stripper model, power nothing, 5spd. I'm not really attached to it. It has an ok amount of power, but you have to work to drive it fast. Handling again is alright, but nothing to brag about. Sryling again, nothing to brag about. The interior, boring and basic, well designed and built, but basic. I guess the only bragging rights this car has is an EPA rating of 30/40mpg (personally I average 30mpg over mostly city driving). Anyway, to be honest, I wish I had gotten a Honda Civic - they seem to have a little more character. The Sentra is a fine car - it's just boring, that's all.