1996 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Greatest car in it's class
By sharkcity on 05/29/09 18:36 PM (PDT)

1996 Nissan Sentra Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

My parents have had a few of these that went over 300k. Bought when gas hit 4.39. Getting 42 mpg- I'm an easy rural driver. Love the sunroof. Bring on the $7 gas!!

The Boo-Mobile
By Boo-Mobile on 04/04/09 14:41 PM (PDT)

1996 Nissan Sentra Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this little car following Hurricane Katrina as my car was pretty trashed by the storm. I paid about $2500 for it and it was/is worth every penny. The car had about 11K when I got it. I just love my little car, its a 5 speed, its been very reliable and I haven't had to invest much $ into it. just before X-Mas 08 I had to replace the valve cover gasket, then the car started driving 'weird', I thought I needed an alignment but it was the front axle. After fixing that issue the car runs like a charm. I am pretty sure I need a complete tune-up because I am not getting the mileage I should. I am VERY happy with this little car!

Rusty but trusty
By D-murray on 03/15/07 18:28 PM (PDT)

1996 Nissan Sentra Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

I stopped taking care of this car about two years ago and can't kill it. It has <150K miles on it. Rust started as a couple small bubbles in paint and EXPLODED over the last 18months. Only thing I ever did to this thing in over five years and 70k miles is replace spark plug wires, and of course brakes and tires.

Little Red GLE
By emjay on 02/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Nissan Sentra Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

Veh purchased in 12/2002 with 64K miles. I have driven about 18K miles in a year. Only had a tune up and breaks done. Vehicle not too comfortable for taller people and seats too firm for long trips