Used 1996 Nissan Sentra GLE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Greatest car in it's class
By sharkcity

1996 Nissan Sentra Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

My parents have had a few of these that went over 300k. Bought when gas hit 4.39. Getting 42 mpg- I'm an easy rural driver. Love the sunroof. Bring on the $7 gas!!

MPG, great interior room for size, tight steering, great value

Not the easiest thing to get in and out of- it's so low to the ground- other car is a Jeep..

The Boo-Mobile
By Boo-Mobile

1996 Nissan Sentra Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this little car following Hurricane Katrina as my car was pretty trashed by the storm. I paid about $2500 for it and it was/is worth every penny. The car had about 11K when I got it. I just love my little car, its a 5 speed, its been very reliable and I haven't had to invest much $ into it. just before X-Mas 08 I had to replace the valve cover gasket, then the car started driving 'weird', I thought I needed an alignment but it was the front axle. After fixing that issue the car runs like a charm. I am pretty sure I need a complete tune-up because I am not getting the mileage I should. I am VERY happy with this little car!

5 speed, reliability, tight wheel radius, and I just prefer smaller cars in general.

This car needs cup holders! On my little 5 speed there are NONE!

Rusty but trusty
By D-murray

1996 Nissan Sentra Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

I stopped taking care of this car about two years ago and can't kill it. It has <150K miles on it. Rust started as a couple small bubbles in paint and EXPLODED over the last 18months. Only thing I ever did to this thing in over five years and 70k miles is replace spark plug wires, and of course brakes and tires.

Good cheap transportation

Little Red GLE
By emjay

1996 Nissan Sentra Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

Veh purchased in 12/2002 with 64K miles. I have driven about 18K miles in a year. Only had a tune up and breaks done. Vehicle not too comfortable for taller people and seats too firm for long trips

Gas mileage and price of fill ups at the gas station.

More leg space and better cushion for seats. Cup holder in wrong space which interferes with radio useage. Improve gas milaeage for new Sentra to compete with Corollas & Golfs.