1995 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Rallymobile
By Jilly on 04/10/10 17:24 PM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Sentra Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

My sister got this car for high school and treated it like crap, then i got it for high school and i treated it like crap. Ten years in Alaska, two teenager drivers and 200 thousand miles later its still running perfectly. Never once been in a shop. (:

13 years and going
By jr42 on 06/06/08 08:38 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Sentra Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

My wife and I purchased this vehicle new in 1995, after all these years I would definitely give this car a thumbs up. Only minor repairs. Perfect starter car. A/C is still going strong after thirteen years.

Just an amazing little car
By George ID on 05/10/08 01:08 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Sentra Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car new in the fall of 1995. It is the SER version with the 2.0 liter motor. It is a well maintained car that at 167,000 miles still has the original clutch. I've changed the brakes a few times the rears just once last fall at 160,000 miles. I've changed the struts and shocks twice. The car has a lot of power for its size, fun to drive too. Gas mileage currently is 28 mpg. The body has held up well for its age. I just noticed a little rust in the right wheel well which I think I may repair. A very reliable fun car. Too bad the new sentras aren't as reliable. I am currently looking to purchase a 1998 or 1999 for a cheap reliable gas sipping transportation.

I expected more
By Nori on 10/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Sentra Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

My 1995 GLE is very dependable. I get approx 25/33 city/hwy. Lack of independent rear suspension affects handling. Handling is not as precise as the competition from Honda and Toyota. I upgraded to slightly larger and highly rated 14 inch tires but wet weather braking traction continues to suffer. It is worse than in similar sized cars. Excellent brakes in dry weather. Poor pickup with A/C running in spite of 5 speed tranny. Car is very reliable and the stock alloys are nice. Great highway cruiser - no complaints there. Car has much better pickup when using premium fuel.