Used 1995 Nissan Sentra GLE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

1995 Nissan Sentra

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Rallymobile
By Jilly

1995 Nissan Sentra GLE 4dr Sedan

My sister got this car for high school and treated it like crap, then i got it for high school and i treated it like crap. Ten years in Alaska, two teenager drivers and 200 thousand miles later its still running perfectly. Never once been in a shop. (:

Favorite Features

Runs forever

13 years and going
By jr42

1995 Nissan Sentra GLE 4dr Sedan

My wife and I purchased this vehicle new in 1995, after all these years I would definitely give this car a thumbs up. Only minor repairs. Perfect starter car. A/C is still going strong after thirteen years.

Favorite Features

Stylish look, gas mileage, and sunroof.

Suggested Improvements

Paint is peeling.

Just an amazing little car
By George ID

1995 Nissan Sentra GLE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car new in the fall of 1995. It is the SER version with the 2.0 liter motor. It is a well maintained car that at 167,000 miles still has the original clutch. I've changed the brakes a few times the rears just once last fall at 160,000 miles. I've changed the struts and shocks twice. The car has a lot of power for its size, fun to drive too. Gas mileage currently is 28 mpg. The body has held up well for its age. I just noticed a little rust in the right wheel well which I think I may repair. A very reliable fun car. Too bad the new sentras aren't as reliable. I am currently looking to purchase a 1998 or 1999 for a cheap reliable gas sipping transportation.

Favorite Features

Great 2.0 liter motor, comfortable seats, good a/c, great headlight design good shifter and gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Small cup holder in way of some radio controls. Overhead dome light swith is starting to fail.

I expected more
By Nori

1995 Nissan Sentra GLE 4dr Sedan

My 1995 GLE is very dependable. I get approx 25/33 city/hwy. Lack of independent rear suspension affects handling. Handling is not as precise as the competition from Honda and Toyota. I upgraded to slightly larger and highly rated 14 inch tires but wet weather braking traction continues to suffer. It is worse than in similar sized cars. Excellent brakes in dry weather. Poor pickup with A/C running in spite of 5 speed tranny. Car is very reliable and the stock alloys are nice. Great highway cruiser - no complaints there. Car has much better pickup when using premium fuel.

Favorite Features

Velour seats are excellent. Alloy wheels. Easy to change spark plugs and flush radiator. Excellent Reliability. Interior ergonomics. Fuel economy. Precise steering and good braking. Small engine. Excellent fit and finish.

Suggested Improvements

Need independent suspension and torque, please. Civic and Corolla have better handling, performance and fuel economy. Car is light. Poor stereo. Need a smoother 5 sp tranny. Exhaust should last longer than 84K miles. Front passenger's knees touch the dashboard.